PDA

View Full Version : Help

Cottons
07-03-2006, 01:27
Hi All,

Would really appreciate your help although I am sure that you are all sick and tired of answering this question.

We are on our way to ORlando on June 15th for two weeks (from the UK), flights and car are booked now we need somewhere to stay. We have 4 daughters under the age of 11 so we though a private villa with pool, spa games room. My key concerns are around security from both a location persective and also from handing over hard earned money with the safety net of a travel agent (or ABTA).

Could anyone provide some reccomendations for clean, safe, communities with nice 4/5 bedrooms villas suitable for my girls and reassure me regarding the logistics of booking direct with villa owners ?

Many apologies to any villa owners who take offence to my point, please remeber we a villa first timers and feel particulary nervous about this.

Thanks

Mark and Tracy Cotton

Pegasus928
07-03-2006, 01:42
You have no need to worry when booking using the above links. We have done so twice now and will continue to do so for each of our trips to Orlando. The villa owners on this site have always kept us fully informed of developments and help out with any questions and queries. I would start looking soon tho - June is not too far away.

Pegasus

Kazzie
07-03-2006, 01:43
Mark and Tracy,

If you book a villa from the 3 villa links at the top of this page then you can rest assured that all of the villas have been verified. Complete the enquiry form with your dates and requirements and you can be assured that the replies that you recieve are from verified owners of the villas.

Once you have stayed in a villa, be warned that it will spoil you for future holidays.[msnsmile]

Karen

LiesaAnna
07-03-2006, 01:51
http://www.orlandovillas.com/
http://www.villasflorida.com/
http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/
look through any of these sites Mark and Tracy the villas are all verified here, so you know your hard earned cash is safe, you have no need to feel nervous now you have found this site, its the best and most helpful one i think there is, nothing is too much trouble, only thing is the rules state that the owners cannot offer you there villas on this page, you have to put a request through so it gives you and the owners a fair chance of offering and looking at the villas, hope you have plenty of time on your hands[msnwink] your gonna need it for sifting through all the lovely villas, you will be spoilt for choice!!
ask any questions dont be shy, everyone will help you with whatever they can
more then all this i hope you have a wonderful holiday!!

Cottons
07-03-2006, 02:43
Wow, that was quick. Thanks for the responses and guidance.

Are there any area's to avoid ?

Mark

GrahamC
07-03-2006, 02:47
Be warned. Once you have stayed in a Villa you will never want to use a hotel again.

Follow the links quoted, give your dates and requirements and within hours you will have a great selection to look at. All the villas are within a reasonable distance of the Parks and all are on good communities.

Have a look and have a great holiday.

Paula D-S
07-03-2006, 02:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cottons

Mark

[/quote]

No areas to avoid Mark. Put out an enquiry at the links above and verified villa owners will contact you with their details. You won't be disappointed just busy looking through all the replies[msnwink]

Snapper
07-03-2006, 06:30

Mark

[/quote]
Hi Mark,

Nope, none at all. All the homes you find advertised on the above 3 websites are all in very safe, very beautiful developments; most of which are split between local residents and vacation homes.

If it's your first time in a villa you'll likely be pleasantly overwhelmed with the choice available when you rent direct from an owner. One approach to finding your perfect villa is to look at the villa first and not worry too much about its location or community. Most homes are only a short drive to Disney and the major theme parks. While you are over here there is nothing to stop you doing a bit of exploring once you've got your bearings and have a feel for the roads and geography.

I hope I speak for everyone when I say there is absolutly no need to apologise for feeling nervous and voicing a concern about the security of dealing over the internet. A holiday is such a big deal that it is only natural to feel this way. As a starting point to putting your nerves at ease, every (without exception) home you see advertised on the attached websites must be verified every 6 months, in order to prove that the owner really does own the villa. So feel free to choose with confidence, and don't be afraid to post any other questions you might have. You'll hopefully be very pleasantly surprised there too by the speed and volume of advice you get.

Have a great holiday.

alanandjude
07-03-2006, 11:11
Hi

Just wanted to echo what everyone else is saying. it's natural to feel nervous but once you take the plunge, you'll never look back.

Hope you find the house of your dreams.

dawn
07-03-2006, 13:20
Absolutely no need to apologise for your concerns. As others have said every villa on these sites has to be verified every 6 months, so you can book with confidence.
You will also have the advantage of getting to know the owners whose villa you choose, and will have any concerns/questions answered for you from 'the horse's mouth'. Rest assured we all love talking about Florida and our homes, so you can never ask too many questions[msnsmile]

Cottons
07-03-2006, 17:24
All,

This is fantastic, both myself and Tracy are extremely impressed with how quickly you've responded to our plea for help and how strongly you all feel about your villas and holidays in Florida in general.

Having followed your advice we are now spoilt for choice and I fear my next few evenings will be spent wading through all the pictures and having to make a decision.

Undoubtedly I will be back here asking more questions.

Thanks to all.

Mark and Tracy Cotton

mizzy
07-03-2006, 17:47
we felt exactly the same as you last march with our first booking through OV Mark and i can assure you that all your worries will disappear after reading these forums and once you speak to the owner of whichever villa you choose

for us it all went smoothly, our villa owners answered our many questions, we had a fantastic time in a beautiful villa and we could hardly wait to fix our return dates and book through this site again, we've booked already for 2007

i have highly recommended this site to many people and one friend booked just a few weeks ago

enjoy choosing your villa

Mizzy

ahagan
07-03-2006, 18:53
All,

Undoubtedly I will be back here asking more questions.

Thanks to all.

Mark and Tracy Cotton
[/quote]

Mark and Tracy, feel free to ask any questions. You'll find there's very little about Florida that members here don't know. You will also find this site a good resource for planning that fantastic magical holiday. Happy searching through those lovely villas.

LorraineC
07-03-2006, 19:52
Mark and Tracy,

The best way to make a decision is by asking lots of questions, saves a lot of searching on the net. So many questions already answered on this site, I am still finding really interesting topics nearly a year later.

Have fun with your search.
[msnsmile2]

domster
08-03-2006, 01:12
Mark and Tracy,

I bet you are going to be spoilt for choice as there are so many great places to stay on the links above.

Do beware once you have tried a villa there is no going back to a hotel room!!

CarolAnn
08-03-2006, 01:27
Tracey and Mark you seem to have some very clear ideas already of what you require in a villa:) You can certainly rest assured that all owners on these sites(above.)are all established owners who take great pride in their villas and the facilities they offer.
You are right to be cautious, but absolutely no need to be concerned, put out an enquiry with your requirements and the owners who can accomodate you will reply. All that will be left for you to do is make a choice [msnsmile2]