PDA

View Full Version : everest now even scarier - ride before dinner

trevlad
06-03-2006, 02:00
thought a good idea to post a new thread rather than add to the existing as sometimes when you get the initial comment the remaing posts are just oohs and ahhs, so...

everest is now even more scarrier

i have had dm s asking exactly what the ride is like and i wont give it away on post as it will spoil it , but since we rode it from the start of the holiday in feb to our penultimate day, they have changed it.

we all know its about a yeti and we know it goes backwards at some point , but they have made it fsater and more scary.

it made me feel sick so i rode it again just to make sure[sick][msnsmile2]
dont know if it will change again, but its now on a par with universals best - well done walter

Paula D-S
06-03-2006, 02:08
I can't wait to try this in July. I did see it in the making last year and it looked great then.

LiesaAnna
06-03-2006, 02:14
sounds intriguing!!

Jo
06-03-2006, 02:30
Glad you told me .. I was beginning to think i could brave it.

Now... I think not. But I think there will be more people who love it than chicken out like me.

linda allen
06-03-2006, 02:42
Do you remember what the height limit was?

pepsi
06-03-2006, 03:30
A number of our party will definately try this on our next visit at Easter.

Macka
06-03-2006, 11:54
Linda,

If you duck down on the way in, I'm sure they'll refuse you entry.[laugh]

linda allen
06-03-2006, 11:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka
Linda,

If you duck down on the way in, I'm sure they'll refuse you entry.[laugh]
[/quote]

:D:D

CarolAnn
06-03-2006, 16:29
Ok[msnoo]I will just enjoy looking at the outside of Everest for now![msnwink]

lyntus
06-03-2006, 19:31
Daughter and Hubby rode it end of Feb and voted it one of the best. I watched and listened to the screams from a safe distance, maybe I'll have the courage next time ( after a stiff drink and a couple of prozac):D

dawn
06-03-2006, 21:07
Can't wait to try it - the scarier the better!

stabard
06-03-2006, 21:58
Not for me I fear!!!!!!!!

MarkJan
06-03-2006, 22:28
Well I'm looking forward to this, thanks for the update!

trevlad
07-03-2006, 04:25
will try to post some photos next week[msnsmile2]

floridageoff
07-03-2006, 05:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by trevlad

dont know if it will change again, but its now on a par with universals best - well done walter
[/quote]Oh no, I was really looking forward to going on it but I don't fancy feeling sick afterwards!

Ruth
07-03-2006, 12:30
It wasn't too high Linda as our 5 year old was tall enough (although the ride was not open) at Christmas:):)

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linda allen
[/quote]

dawn
07-03-2006, 13:23
Would be interested if it is suitable for our 5 year old - he can be a bit of a scaredy cat, but loves roller costers[msnscared]

trevlad
07-03-2006, 14:18
in fairness dawn i was amazed at the numbers of very young children going onto the ride. sometimes its so parents get to ride, but all seemed to enjoy it.
i think you either like coasters or not, and if you do then the ride and the theming are great for this one.

our 11 year old didnt want to try it she has been on rocking roller coaster etc before but then she went on space mountain on the last day, which could be argued is a bit more scary cos its all in the dark.

i had to sit in front of her in the front carriage and couldnt wait for it to finish. its suprising how sitting in different places totally changes the ride perception

mistert
13-03-2006, 19:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]

............... - well done walter
[/quote]

YESSSSS. Bring it on - can't wait until May!!

linda allen
13-03-2006, 23:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ruth
It wasn't too high Linda as our 5 year old was tall enough (although the ride was not open) at Christmas:):)

[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks Ruth, I know my 5 year old would like to try it. He is very tall for his age. We all love rollercoasters!

lynny
06-08-2006, 17:53
[/quote]
Linda the height restriction is 44 inches..not bad [msnsmile]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
06-08-2006, 18:23
We went on it for the first time the other day and loved it - really good coaster and the themeing is perfect too. It's very fast and every bit as good, if not better, than the Universal coasters.

Ruth
07-08-2006, 23:28
We loved it too (except Hannah who does not like many rollercoasters[msnwink])

Liesel
09-08-2006, 04:27
We loved this and I don't like roller coasters! There is one section where there is a significant downward G-force, that left dh with a wonky neck, but apart from that it was brilliant. We also loved the entrance to the ride, an old station in the Himalayas with all sorts of anecdotal evidence about the Yeti and climbing. Very convincing!

chrizzy100
09-08-2006, 05:46
Glad someone said about their neck...mine was broken years ago...and anything that could damage it again I have to stay away from....I'm going a bit fed up with rollercosters at the parks..they are theme parks not funfairs......[msncry]

Liesel
09-08-2006, 19:07
Oooh Chrizzy, sounds like you'd better avoid the Yeti![msnsmile]

NigelM
26-02-2007, 18:48
How does 'Everest' compare with 'Thunder Mountain'

I am a 'wuss' and do not like big drops. Speeed , twists and turnms i can handle.

Cheers

CarolAnn
26-02-2007, 18:52
Be interested in the answers here too Nigel. It took me a lot of years to get on Thunder Mountain, and even now our daughter has to tell me what is about to happen befpre it does or I would freak..:D I am sure there is more speed and more long drops....[msneek]

blott
26-02-2007, 22:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by NigelM
How does 'Everest' compare with 'Thunder Mountain'

I am a 'wuss' and do not like big drops. Speeed , twists and turnms i can handle.

Cheers[/quote]Can you handle the dark and going backwards as well as an 80 foot drop though?

My 85 year old mother has been on Big Thunder Mountain (when she was about 80) and survived but that's pretty tame in comparison. [msnwink]

NigelM
28-02-2007, 23:37
Blott

If you are saying there is an 80 ft drop then I ain't goin on it!!

[msnembarrased]

blott
01-03-2007, 03:24
Awww, don't be a scaredy cat Nigel! [msneek] Go on, try it... you know you want to! [msnwink]

NigelM
01-03-2007, 12:29
Blott

I just don't do drops of that magnitude. If you are being serious I will sit it out. 80ft is roughly the same drop as the Jurassic ride which scares the poop out of me!

NM

MTP
01-03-2007, 18:04
I don't think the drop on Everest feels like the drop on say Splash Mountain. It is a great ride but on a scream factor scale of 1 to 5 and you put Big Thunder Mountain at about 3 then Everest would be at about 3.5 in my book.

Disclaimer - The author of this post gives no guarantee/warranty or validity of the scream factor scale - it's all just for show!

CarolAnn
05-04-2008, 18:31
Well another trip has just passed by and STILL didn;t go on this one...VERY busy, may try again in October[msnwink]...ummm

ShirleyD
05-04-2008, 20:40
I think the answer is to make it your first stop to get a fast pass as they often run out by mid afternoon. We left it to last and they published a 50min queue, but it only took 30mins, so not too awful

CarolAnn
05-04-2008, 22:35
Think it will always be too busy for me Shirley...lol...I am a real coward!! Ride looks great fun for the brave though!! You are right, Fast Passes are the way to go, well worth it, if you are committed theme park scary ride visitors.[msnwink]:D

Madabouttigger
06-04-2008, 23:43
Im not a big coaster fan but really enjoyed everest, perhaps because it is a bit different from the others?[msnscared]

TrishT
07-04-2008, 00:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Madabouttigger
Im not a big coaster fan but really enjoyed everest, perhaps because it is a bit different from the others?[msnscared]
[/quote]

Me too, bit of a scaredy cat but somehow kids persuaded/conned me [msnwink] on last year and it was cool, not totally scarey but enjoyably thrilling, our 8year old also loved it [msnsmile2]

luckylady
07-04-2008, 03:53
Once on Everest was enought for me, yet Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain I love, will go on time and time again. [msnsmile2]

berni_richards
07-04-2008, 17:25
Once was enough for me too I went on last year with 16 & 18 year olds and their mum (who was as scared as me) and NO I will never go on Everest again I felt sick for the rest of the day, I think I banged my head but at that point my eyes were shut.... so carnt be sure where it happened

nnickles66
27-01-2009, 23:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by trevlad
thought a good idea to post a new thread rather than add to the existing as sometimes when you get the initial comment the remaing posts are just oohs and ahhs, so...

i have had dm s asking exactly what the ride is like and i wont give it away on post as it will spoil it , but since we rode it from the start of the holiday in feb to our penultimate day, they have changed it.

we all know its about a yeti and we know it goes backwards at some point , but they have made it fsater and more scary.

[/quote]

I love the scary rides! you have set my mind at eaze. I love them can't help it, the scarier the better, unfortunately I'm going with my son who hates really crazy rides[xx(]. I guess I will have to bring a couple of other friends to balance things out.
Cheers [beer]
Nancy

adox
17-06-2009, 02:13
Really looking forward to trying this when I`m over at the end of the month.
The last time we were in Animal Kingdom it was only half built(95?).

donny
03-10-2010, 16:42
please please tell the truth[msncry] does everset go upside down or spin round and is the 80ft drop back the way[msnoo]

Lesley S
03-10-2010, 16:49
It doesn't go upside down..it does go backwards, but for the drop you are going front ways. I enjoy this ride and I don't really like roller coasters! (I don't do the big rides)

ncmurray
03-10-2010, 19:15
You could have a look on YouTube to see how it really is. There are lots of videos there.

Nuala

titansfan
15-06-2011, 17:19
I have to disagree. Everest by design is no where as intense as IOA's Dragons, The Hulk, or Sea World's Kraken. I haven't been on the rip ride rocket or Manta yet but they would certainly appear to be much more intense. The most intense in the area by far away has to be Montu at Busch Gardens. Everest is a great ride and has a lot of the great sounds and vibrations and speed that are usually unique to just wooden coasters, but don't be afraid of it, even my wife enjoyed it.