PDA

View Full Version : theft of sunbed

trevlad
05-03-2006, 18:40
typhoon lagoon is back open after its spring clean, but someone has stolen all the sunbeds[msncry].
i asked staff who said they didnt know whose decision it was.

i asked was it done to get more people packed in. my reply was 'it s possibly been done to free up more beach space'!!!!

a suggestion was given to complain. i didnt do, but i suppose if they get enough whinges they might replace them.

the other option is build another water park($$$$$$) or sit still and wait for us to go to sea worlds water park if it opens!!

Jo
05-03-2006, 19:30
What a shame - let's hope they soon see the error of their ways.

Mr G
05-03-2006, 22:54
I won't be using that Park unless they return. I prefer Bliz' beach anyway but lets hope they don't folow suit.

I expect they may make them availabe ... for a fee.[msnwink]

I will contact them and see what they say.

Macka
06-03-2006, 11:49
We won't go if there's no sunbeds, what's the point? Surely it's supposed to recreate a beach atmosphere?[msnsad]

julieanne
06-03-2006, 19:55
I won't be going again if they don't have sunbeds [msnsad] [msnoo]

Ruth
06-03-2006, 23:34
None of us every use a sunbed, we use factor 50, stay in the shade as much as possible and don't try to get a tan, so it will not bother us. I don't really understand why they have done this though as I am sure we will be in the minority[:I]

Elaine62
07-03-2006, 01:10
do they still have seats?

Elaine

Mr G
07-03-2006, 02:45
Just a quick update. I contacted Typhoon Lagoon directly and received this reply today from the Manager of WDW responsible for Typhoon lagoon.

"I am happy to inform you that the sun beds have been removed TEMPORARILY, they are in the process of putting them back."

I hoped as much, probably cleared to aid cleaning of the area.

Good news [msnsmile2]

Kazzie
07-03-2006, 02:50
Thank goodness for that. Although I would be rather miffed to have visited while they are still not available to use.

Karen

trevlad
07-03-2006, 04:07
nice one graham. mind the seats that are there are all looking new, but i wonder if they had lots of complaints as the staff were not aware of the temporary thing. still we shall all be happy again[msnsmile2]

Macka
07-03-2006, 11:23
I shall contact Mrs Macka immediately to inform her of this good news.

She was rather miffed, as she's a bit of a lounger lizard.[msnwink]

trevlad
07-03-2006, 11:47
yes paul, mrs t was pleased too. you know how upset they get if they cant lay out and baste properly[msnsmile2]

Macka
07-03-2006, 11:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by trevlad
yes paul, mrs t was pleased too. you know how upset they get if they cant lay out and baste properly[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Oh yes I do indeed Trev.[msnscared]

Ray&Sarah
07-03-2006, 17:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ruth
None of us every use a sunbed, we use factor 50, stay in the shade as much as possible and don't try to get a tan, so it will not bother us. I don't really understand why they have done this though as I am sure we will be in the minority[:I]
[/quote]

I'm with you in the shade Ruth.[msnwink]:D

Ruth
08-03-2006, 03:01
I'm really glad someone is. I was beginning to think I was on my own[:I]:D[8D]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah

I'm with you in the shade Ruth.[msnwink]:D
[/quote]

trevlad
08-03-2006, 04:08
you werent out last week hiding in the mountain underpass?[msnwink]

Madabouttigger
09-03-2006, 13:20
Thank goodness there putting them back! We would have had to reschedual our trip!

Dopeysfriend
11-04-2006, 02:56
Does anybody know if they've definitely put them back yet?

steph_goodrum
11-04-2006, 12:01
I also contacted Customer Services (along with many other homeowners on here) and received not only email confirmation they were going back but also a telephone call from Customer services to say they are definintely being reinstated. The lady said they had tried removing them but so many people had contacted them that they had "listened to the guests" and were replacing them.

It's good to know that they will take notice if enough people do something.

The Simpsons
12-04-2006, 02:33
[clap]I couldn't imagine going without any sunbeds there, well [lucky] off to Disney in realising there mistake[clap][clap][clap]

trevlad
17-04-2006, 15:03
[msnsmile2]

cook22uk
25-08-2006, 18:10
We just had a day at each of the parks and found there were far too many chairs and beds, it was so packed with seats it was difficult to get through to find something without banging a toe or leg. My complaint is that they have far too many on the sand to be able to walk through or sit without someone else right on top of you and not nearly enough parasols which are essential for those of us who can't take the heat and especially so for those with babies/children who should not be in the direct sun all day.

We used the lazy river to cool down as we could only get partial shade. We enjoyed Blizzard Beach far more -for one thing their family raft ride is very good - it is not too bumpy or lots of drops so suits me as I am not a lover of heights or rides - we all really enjoyed it though the queue for the ski-lift to go up was very long and broke down at one point and then again when we were on it! The friendly chap next to me kept me calm as my daughter turned round to see her brother & Dad behind us and made the chair swing (gulp!) Low point of the day was my daughter leaving her retainer brace on the tray with our lunch - went in the bin and by time we realised it had been emptied....!