PDA

View Full Version : visas

danazara
03-07-2003, 16:54
Does anyone know how long the process takes if you are granted a visa at the us embassy in London. My partner has an interview with an officer in July, and we have a holiday booked for 24 October. We didn't know about this visas business until April. His last conviction was over 10 years ago, and that was only a fine. None of the convictions have been spent.

blott
03-07-2003, 16:59
Hi danazara, welcome to the forum.

My guest took 6-8 weeks to get his B2 visitors' visa from the time he applied to the time it came through so you should have no problems with travelling in October. You should hear about the decision within a short time of the interview.

As far as the US Immigration service is concerned, no conviction is ever 'spent'.

esprit
03-07-2003, 19:31
We had an interview with an officer at the embassy for an E2 business visa a couple of weeks back, It takes less than a minute and takes place at a railway ticket like window behind armoured glass. She asked a couple of questions. It is not a big deal. Getting through the security checks and into the place is the biggest hassle. Everyone seems to get the same appointment time. When you get there you are given a numbered ticket like at Tescos cooked meats. So get there early and get at the front. In our case, we had to leave the passports there with a special delivery stamped addressed envelope and they arrived back here four days later.

danazara
06-07-2003, 00:35
Thanks so much for your reply, I have been told it take ages to get back your passport once the visa has been granted.
quote:Originally posted by esprit

We had an interview with an officer at the embassy for an E2 business visa a couple of weeks back, It takes less than a minute and takes place at a railway ticket like window behind armoured glass. She asked a couple of questions. It is not a big deal. Getting through the security checks and into the place is the biggest hassle. Everyone seems to get the same appointment time. When you get there you are given a numbered ticket like at Tescos cooked meats. So get there early and get at the front. In our case, we had to leave the passports there with a special delivery stamped addressed envelope and they arrived back here four days later.

esprit
06-07-2003, 02:46
Mine was an E2 not a B2 but we went on the Tuesday and it was back on the Saturday in the special delivery envelope I had to give them.

danazara
08-07-2003, 22:36
Sorry to bother you again, but was your passport returned and/or the visa as well. I have been informed that the process for visas takes up to 12 weeks.

Mine was an E2 not a B2 but we went on the Tuesday and it was back on the Saturday in the special delivery envelope I had to give them.

esprit
08-07-2003, 23:46
Our visas are a stamp in the passport with our photo on. You could not send the passport back without the visa or vica versa as they dont separate. This is an E2 visa not a B2 however. They may be totally different.

chrizzy100
09-07-2003, 00:00

Our visas are a stamp in the passport with our photo on. You could not send the passport back without the visa or vica versa as they dont separate. This is an E2 visa not a B2 however. They may be totally different.

My visa pic made me look like one of America's most wanted......:D......lol..

My greencard ones tons better......