PDA

View Full Version : help do i need a visa

glosflamingo
02-03-2006, 15:53
reading thru these posts ive become slightly paranoid as to wether im going to need a visa.

when i was very young(11) and foolish i got into trouble for shoplifting [msnembarrased]and was given a caution. (this was 28yrs ago)

i subsequently went onto be a civil servant and got full security clearance(signed official secrets act) with no problems and recently have had a clear CRB check(states no criminal convictions) done again with no problems.

My delima is yes ive been arrested (do underage arrests count?)so i should apply, but there doesnt seem to be any record of it so will i get away with it?

Macka
02-03-2006, 16:12
Sue, as you say there's lots on this subject.

If you have the time, get a visa if only to put your mind at rest.

The U.S. authorities are not interested in people who have commited minor offences 28 years ago, however a blo ody minded official may have a problem with someone who lies on an entry form if you know what I mean.

Robert5988
02-03-2006, 16:26
Are you sure you were arrested - at 11 years old - and not simply charged with shoplifting?

It is not normal to arrest children of 11.

Mind you if there is no CRB record it will be difficult to find out.[msnwink]

Macka
02-03-2006, 16:29
I think a civil servant is less desirable than a shoplifter.:D

wrpac00
02-03-2006, 17:10
If you have had the full Civil Service security clearance you should be fine. I went through the Developed vetting procedure some 6 years ago, it leaves no stone unturned and I got asked some extreamly embarassing questions. [msnembarrased]

pieman790
02-03-2006, 17:33
There is no legal age for arrest in the UK so anybody can be arrested however it is unlikely that anybody under 10 year will be charged or cautioned.