PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Cove Photo

Biggus
03-07-2003, 03:19
This is us in March at DC having spent an excellent day with the dolphins!!! P.S I'm the big bloke crouching down!!!;);)

/forums/Data/200372231746_Florida_0202a.jpg

blott
03-07-2003, 03:30
Ah, good to see you at last Biggus! ;) Glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves in Florida - are you saving up to go again?

Biggus
03-07-2003, 17:50
Blott
Thanks for that - just looked at the photo and we don't look very happy for a group who have just spent a fantastic day chilling out and swimming with dolphins do we???
Anyway guys and girls don't be shy - I want to put faces to names - Angela - we rented your villa but never did get to meet up (despite the fact that I drive past your village on the way to work in Luton now!!) Come peoples it's not as scary as it migth seem - I could put loads of photos on here but John might get a little unhappy.
P.S Can we add photos to explain a point anywhere within the forum or just here???

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
03-07-2003, 19:02
Feel free to add photos on any forum to illustrate points - can I ask that you keep them down to a reasonable size if at all possible - I find no wider than 450 pixels works well :).

blott
03-07-2003, 22:17
quote:just looked at the photo and we don't look very happy for a group who have just spent a fantastic day chilling out and swimming with dolphins do we??? I did notice that but wasn't going to mention it Biggus as I put it down to you all being tired after such an exciting day! ;)

Biggus
04-07-2003, 20:26
Blott,
We were all knackered after a wicked day doing NOTHING - the truth was that we were ready to go, all we had to do was pick up the cd disc of photos/video etc. It turned out that they had cocked up the cd disc and so we had to wait while the found the images and burnt the cd. This took nearly 45 mins - we did get a discount off them and a few freebies but by this point we were knackered.
That and it is the old scenario of someone taking else taking a photo and not knowing when it will be taken - not the best of photos but one of the very few with ALL of us in - I usually hind behind the camera!!!
Anyway Blott - where are the photies of you? It is nice to put a face to a name type thing?;);)

blott
04-07-2003, 22:04
I'm a bit like you Biggus, usually behind the camera instead of in front of it! ;)

muskrat
19-07-2003, 13:47
hi biggus.my wife and i are booked in for a day,at d c in november.is it as good as the advertising says,john burgess

Biggus
22-07-2003, 16:50
J.B,
Yeah the day is one totally awesome experience, I was a little sceptical with it being so expensive etc. but wouldn't have missed it for the world. My mum was not going to do the swim - she was nervous about the size of the dolphins having seen them at Sea World the last time we went - she did in the end and still goes on about it today (we went in March!!). The whole day is worth every penny, one of the most stunning days that will live with me/us forever.
One thing that I will say is if you want to reduce costs and have say a flex ticket that includes Sea World anyway go to guest services when you get there and get a $30 discount off the day - we did, they don't advertise this fact (and I think that you have to prove you have other tickets) but it all helps - my missus had spent the extra $30 each before we had left the park as the phots and video that they take are quite expensive. Oh yes and visit Wal-Mart before you go and buy a pair of the neoprene foot slipper things (like shower slip ons) as they are worth every cent with all the sand and rocks around - they cost about $5 a pair in Wal-Mart but about $30 a pair in DC!!
A wonderfully relaxing (yet exciting - dolphin bit) day. Would go back and do it all over again tomorrow if I had the chance......

athurstance
23-07-2003, 22:11
Always good to put a name to a face. I get quite a few of my guestgs send me photos of themselves in my villa which is fun.
This is a photo of myself and Paul when we were out in Florida for Easter (hope you don't mind John but it is the one you took when we all met up!)

/forums/Data/200372318948_Florida.jpg

steph_goodrum
24-07-2003, 01:24
This was our day at DC a couple of years ago, i don't know if any of the others have been trained to do so but CJ the dolphin was, at the time, the only dolphin there who would beach himself for photographs, or so we were told.

/forums/Data/2003723212419_Usanddolphin2.jpg

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
24-07-2003, 02:40
I don't mind at all Angela :)!

quote:Originally posted by athurstance

Always good to put a name to a face. I get quite a few of my guestgs send me photos of themselves in my villa which is fun.
This is a photo of myself and Paul when we were out in Florida for Easter (hope you don't mind John but it is the one you took when we all met up!)

Biggus
24-07-2003, 16:10
Wow - this is great not only do I get to see Angela and Paul for the first time but also Steph too - come on Blottie it's not as hard as you think!!! There are lots of brave people on here now so don't be shy. I might even later try and find another phot with us smiling and looking like we are enjoying ourselves.;)

popintune
11-08-2004, 23:38
grea photos.[msnwink]

Lilyvazz
29-12-2004, 19:20
i'm going swimming with dolphins soon [msnsmile2]and i'm so excited [8)]it's going to be awesome

Dorothy
30-12-2004, 21:56
Great photos.... thank you for sharing them.
Hopefully we are going at Easter (providing USairways are still in operation). Could you kindly let me know where you booked your tickets an agent or direct with discoery cove? Also did you need to give the date? approx price?
M

Dorothy
30-12-2004, 22:06
Sorry I must have had a "mental lapse" and pressed the wrong key!! I was going to say Many thanks for all the info this site and everyone on it gives me. I feel I know many of you well as I log in nearly every day.
I wish you all a very Happy New Year... may it be filled with all you that wish for. Dorothy [msnsmile2][msnsmile2]