PDA

View Full Version : psp & gameboys on aircraft

terrybeeps
27-02-2006, 06:17
Hi
We are flying out with Travelcity direct in July can any body tell me if you can use gameboys or PSP's on the aircraft as my 7 year old son would like to take his.not sure of what entertainment they have on their flights
Thanks
Terry

Snapper
27-02-2006, 06:38
Hi Terry,

I can't say 100% what the TCD rule is but the general rule that airlines tend to apply is that you can use electronic devices while the aircraft is cruising but not during the climb-out or descent. Basically it's more or less that you can't use electronic devices while the seatbelt signs are on for the first and last 10 minutes but you are fine at other times. The crew usually make an announcement when it's OK to switch-on personal electonics and also when they must be switched off.

Have a great trip.

LiesaAnna
27-02-2006, 12:12
we went on Air Atlannta last sept and as Steve says above allowed to use them but not during take off and landing

pieman790
27-02-2006, 14:00
Most of the scheduled flights we have been on have allowed them after take off and ask to turn them off just before landing. We have also used laptops and portable DVD player without any problem.

solanasunshine
27-02-2006, 16:14
Same here - I think that with most airlines it is just at take off and landing that you have to turn them off.

gail and david roberts
27-02-2006, 17:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by terrybeeps
Hi
We are flying out with Travelcity direct in July can any body tell me if you can use gameboys or PSP's on the aircraft as my 7 year old son would like to take his.not sure of what entertainment they have on their flights
Thanks
Terry
[/quote]

Terry we went out this new year with TCD and both my children had there PSP with them
lots of children had them on the flight , well just after christmas [msnsmile2]
nothing was said to anyone
they do have the latest films on flight too, you can also buy Games for your PSP in wal*mart (check online)
but you cannot buy films for UK PSP
we will be taking them again in OCT
hope this helps

Ray&Sarah
27-02-2006, 18:27
My son is gadget mad and he takes his PSP. portable DVD player and a Nintendo DS on all our flights, as long as he doesn't use them during take off and landing its fine. (I'll just add that he saved up pocket money and christmas and birthday money to buy all these himself, we are not gadget mad ourselves [msnsmile2])