PDA

View Full Version : villa rental for 3 weeks

irishnewbie
27-02-2006, 01:46
hi there

i'm new to this site but i've had a glance through some of the posts and i'm so glad i've found it, everyone seems so helpful.

my family, 2 adults and 4 kids are coming to florida in dec, i6th to jan 6th, and are hoping to book a villa. i noticed that in an earlier post that it was pointed out that you cannot request quotes in this forum, which i completley respect.

however i was wondering if it was appropiate to discuss possible budgets for this period as i'm on a bit of a budget and don't want to waste anyone's time if it is unrealistic

thank you

LiesaAnna
27-02-2006, 01:55
http://www.orlandovillas.com/
http://www.villasflorida.com/
http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/
Chrissy you can be sure no villa owners will ever think you are wasting there time!
put in your dates and see what comes up i think you may be very pleasantly surprised!!
have fun and enjoy browsing through all the wonderful villas!! ask any questions the owners are always happy to help!!

mizzy
27-02-2006, 01:57
Hi Chrissy

welcome to the forum

aren't we all on a budget[msnwink] being a mum like you i seem to be budgeting all the time

i am sure if you browse the villas you will get a general idea of budget but they do vary quite a bit, you could put in a general enquiry to all of the three sites above and i'm sure you will find a villa to suit your budget

and if booking early you may be able to get a deal that includes pool/spa heat, i know that i did

you will also get a great deal on park tickets, flights and car hire from the sites above

so good luck and happy planning[msnsmile2]

Mizzy

irishnewbie
27-02-2006, 02:06
thank you for the advice, is there a way to put in a quote request including my budget to villa owners in general on these sites and let those interested respond, or do i have to request quotes one by one
thanks a million

LiesaAnna
27-02-2006, 02:10
i'm not sure but if you go to the villas and put in what your looking for then you can see with the answers what the prices are, you must remember the price will be for the villa and not person!!
anything else ask away[beer]

florida4sun
27-02-2006, 02:11
Yep just make an inquiry through the links at the top of this page.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by irishnewbie
thank you for the advice, is there a way to put in a quote request including my budget to villa owners in general on these sites and let those interested respond, or do i have to request quotes one by one
thanks a million

[/quote]

Lynne S
27-02-2006, 02:13
Hi Crissy, welcome to the forum.

I'm sure you will find a wonderful villa for you and your family on one of the sites here.

Christmas and New Year are peak rates so will be more expensive. This is a very popular time to visit and quite alot of homes will have already been booked for this year.

Good luck with your search & have fun [msnsmile2]

ellie
27-02-2006, 02:15
Hi Irish Newbie! Welcome to the forum, and to everything you ever need to know about Florida.:)

I think that whilst it may be possible to find a villa to meet a budget, whether or not that villa will meet your expectations for a luxury home is quite another thing. It all depends on what your budget is really!

I am afraid that in our experience, and in the experience of many others, cheap villas rarely come up to expectations. As with everything, you get what you pay for. To keep our homes to a high standard costs a great deal, and those of us who will not compromise on quality know that you cannot look after a home properly if you don't charge an adequate rate.

Unfortunately, many of those who charge rock bottom prices are in the last throes of losing their villas, or maybe their villa is in the middle of a building site, or maybe it is just very old. If you don't have enough revenue coming in then the mortgage company will re-possess it, and the unlucky guest may well find that their dream home becomes unavailable just before their expected holiday, leaving them with nowhere to go, and maybe a loss of their rental payment.

Much would depend, of course, on when you wish to go. The peak times, Easter, Summer holidays, school half terms, Autumn break, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year will be more expensive, but if you have a budget then why not look for a less popular time? You may well get much cheaper flights too. You can get brilliant car hire from the above site, so look there to get an estimate of your car hire costs.

What I would say is that one's accommodation is crucial to the enjoyment of one's holiday, and a visit to Florida is something that people may look forward to for some time. Can you imagine saving up for your holiday, booking a villa that seems very cheap, and finding that the sheets are threadbare, the towels in rags, and the carpets stick to your feet. Who wants to return to such a villa every evening for a fortnight?

Anyone who gives away their villa for silly prices has to cut corners somewhere.

So take a look at some of the villas on these sites, and see what they charge, that will give you a very good idea of what to expect. You will then be able to work out what your costs would be, so that you can see if your original estimate was realistic.

Hope that helps, and have a great time looking at all the villas! :)

andrewandcarole
27-02-2006, 02:26
Hi Chrissy - and welcome to the forum.

Enjoy your search for a villa for your holiday - you'll certainly be spoilt for choice!

Carole

LiesaAnna
27-02-2006, 02:27
just think of all the positive things about booking a villa in florida!
for starters its per villa and not per person
you can buy food or eat out every day if you wish its so cheap once there, the flights are pretty good prices through here as well http://www.flightsflorida.com/
car hire is very good http://www.floridahire.com/
you have the use of washers and dryers all included in the price of the villa rental itself so no extras for the launderette[msnwink]

i would do as suggested by the others here maybe look at the non peak times, they'll be a little cheaper, and through here you know theyre all verified so peace of mind that all will be well!

Ray&Sarah
27-02-2006, 03:06
Hi Chrissy and welcome to the forum, I am sure if you put in a request for a villa on the sites listed above that you will get some responses and then more of an idea as to how much the villa will cost for the period of time you are looking at.[msnsmile2]

pepsi
27-02-2006, 03:22
Hi Chrissy, I would also suggest putting in a request and see what the response is. You haven't stated what your budget is and you may well find there are villas available in your price range.

orlandodaze
27-02-2006, 19:37
Hi Chrissy , Welcome to the forum I know you will find everything you want to know here to make your holiday extra special. Most of us here know full well all about budgeting for the holidays and if like most of us here you become addicted to the annual visit to Florida you will become an expert budget maker , in fact at this stage I know I could give Brian Cowan lessons in saving money just to get my Florida fix .

Sue and Jere
27-02-2006, 21:00
Hi Chrissy and welcome to the forum.
Happy villa searching [msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
27-02-2006, 22:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by irishnewbie
hi there

i'm new to this site but i've had a glance through some of the posts and i'm so glad i've found it, everyone seems so helpful.

my family, 2 adults and 4 kids are coming to florida in dec, i6th to jan 6th, and are hoping to book a villa. i noticed that in an earlier post that it was pointed out that you cannot request quotes in this forum, which i completley respect.

however i was wondering if it was appropiate to discuss possible budgets for this period as i'm on a bit of a budget and don't want to waste anyone's time if it is unrealistic

thank you
[/quote]

The prices per week are on each villa website...so maybe you could spend some time looking at prices before you ask for quotes or if the villa is free from the owner...
You could look into a townhouse...or a smaller villa ...or even go just out of season...if you want Christmas..its starts early in the US so the begining of Dec is quiet and cheaper...