PDA

View Full Version : a little advice on size of car

Auntie Robin
24-02-2006, 21:23
First of all, I'm just thrilled I found this forum. This has made my planning soooooo much easier. [clap]

There will be seven of us staying and traveling together for a Disney/Universal vacation next August: 3 adults, 2 teens, 2 preteens. I'm considering renting a minivan to keep us all together for ease and enjoyment of driving. But, will a minivan be cool enough--air conditioned even in the back. Being August, air conditioning in the car is paramount. [msneek]

Thanks in advance for the advice.

LiesaAnna
24-02-2006, 21:31
http://www.floridahire.com/
see what they have here, hope it helps?

Ray&Sarah
24-02-2006, 21:36
We have hired lots of different sizes of vehicle in Florida, depending on the numbers in our party. Haven't had any bad experiences with air conditioning yet and my dad is a very hot person who likes the van to be nice and cool.[msnsmile2]

rosie
24-02-2006, 21:54
Hi Robin

welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find loads of good advice here [msnsmile2]

We hired a 7 seater minivan (Chysler Town & Country) at Xmas and yes the AC was great, even in the back. Some, if not most models have separate AC for rear passengers so they can set it to suit themselves [msnwink]

becbecs
24-02-2006, 21:54
We have hired various sizes of cars also.

We rented a 15 seater when 10 of us were in Florida in 2003. We allowed for the number of suite cases we were taking. This 15 seater was just perfect.

I beleive you will be able to get a 10 seater which should do the job for you but have a look at the Link Liesaanna provided, this will give you some ideas.

24-02-2006, 21:55
There are normally 7 of us too, 2 adults, 2 older teens one younger teen and 2 under 10, we always have the minivan and Yes they are air conditioned, there is a slight bigger van called Astro they have 8 seats and are very easy to drive too[msnwink]

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Mach 2/2006224175533_gmastro.jpg

Check out the link above for great deals[msnwink]

bouncey
25-02-2006, 06:04
If you are a US resident then the above link would only be a guide, unless the rules have changed and not been updated!

"Unfortunately we are unable to accept car hire bookings from US citizens"

Auntie Robin
25-02-2006, 07:01
Thanks for all of the advice. You're really quick, too, and I truly appreciate that.

becbecs, I didn't think of getting a larger van to accomodate luggage. Thanks!

bargainqueen
26-02-2006, 11:17
There are 3 in our party, I originally intended to book a 7 seater van for our holiday in 3 weeks but when I logged onto above site I found that a 4x4 had a larger luggage capacity so booked that instead.

We flew out in Nov 03 for a week and booked a 7 seater. At desk we were dealt with by a trainee and he mumbled something about giving us a bigger car. When we got the keys we found this huge mini bus, went back to kiosk explained that as only 2 people this was too big and was given a Durango.

Love at first drive and hoping to get the same this time too. Four huge suitcases and golf bag fitted in a treat on the journey back to airport.