PDA

View Full Version : Public transport

sharon
02-07-2003, 01:24
Can anyone tell me if taxi's are expensive in Orlando? We (9 adults & 3 children)would like to visit a few evening shows and entertainment and would like to have a drink (alcoholic!!!) so leave the car at the villa. We are staying in Highlands Reserve and wondered if we were to far away to use public transport and/or taxi's?

blott
02-07-2003, 02:02
I don't think you'll find any public transport. With 12 of you travelling you're probably talking three cars or a 12 seater and, as in the UK, it really depends on whereabouts you want to go as to how much it will cost.

If you'd like to give us a clue where you're thinking of going, we'll try and find some prices for you.

orlandobabe
02-07-2003, 04:30
I don't think the bus service along that area is very good. Some People stayed at my villa for 3 weeks last year without a car. They had to walk about a mile to the Sleep Inn to get a bus. We're on Lindfields-about 3 miles in from the 27 on the 192. They seemed to take it all in their stride-but I wouldn't have been happy to do that.

They did say if they wanted to use a taxi-Mears Motor coaches gave good service.

Lynx is the name of the bus company and here's the link
http://www.golynx.com/fares/body_linklist.asp

as you can see the 55 and 56 seem to be the only routes along that part of the 192 and they start at The Sleep inn.