PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Airport

Budboy
22-02-2006, 22:19
We have a 4 1/2 wait at Chicago:(

Does anyone know if there is enough to keep us and the kids amused ?

Sue and Jere
22-02-2006, 22:29
My parents have just booked flights via Chicago, looked up the airport facilities for them. Take a look at website http://www.flychicago.com/ohare/home.asp

DaveL
22-02-2006, 23:21
We fly via Chicago quite a bit but our wait is normally about 2 1/2 hours. There are a number of reasonable places to eat and I would plan for our evening meal there and then have a sleep on the journey down to MCO which will be a little under 3 hours.

They also have a large food court area with about 10 different vendors so if you have children in tow you may want to check this out.

It will take an hour to get through customs and immigration before you drop off your bags and then get the shuttle train over to the local terminal for your onwards flight. You will need to be a the gate at least 30 mins before flight so you only have 3 hours to kill.

Best of Luck

Dave

Katys Grandad
22-02-2006, 23:21
I don't know about the particular facilities at Chicago but by the time you have done immigration, collected and re-checked your baggage, transferred terminals and presented yourselves at the gate for the second flight, you might find that there is much less spare time to amuse yourselves than you thought.

Always plenty of places for a drink and a snack in between.

Budboy
23-02-2006, 22:17
Thanks guys

Ray&Sarah
23-02-2006, 22:40
You'll be surprised how quickly the time will fly, Ray says there is a small childrens play area in terminal 3. (Don't know how he knows that as he only flies there on business.[msneek])