PDA

View Full Version : Express passes gone!!

bigjack123
21-02-2006, 07:50
Visited Universal today and shock, horror - no express passes avail only the ones you have to buy for 20 - 30 dollars! The park was absolutely full and the wait times were above and beyone 60 - 90 mins for most of stuff....... all i can say with a family of 5 is that our entrance tickets are expensive enough, seems universal want to bleed us dry. (Saying that loads of people had purchased the express plus tickets). Anyway heres one family that won't be bothering with Universal or IOA next year!

steph_goodrum
21-02-2006, 13:53
Please make sure to write to Universal with your experience and express your displeasure, it is only by feedback that may review their policy.

I have long said I refuse to pay a second time to go on the rides I have already paid well enough for. They should allow no more into the park than can comfortably access the rides in my opinion.
Unless they know we are voting with our feet they will just assume that everyone is happy to pay the extra (and of course if 2/3 of people get the plus passes the queues wont be any shorter anyway because the rides still have a limited capacity.

You can bet your life if it stays and it looks like its making them money then Disney wont be too far behind with a similar scheme.

Macka
21-02-2006, 14:16
I'm going to write to Disney today to express my opposition to them following suit. It's too late when they've already done it.

CERICROWLEY
21-02-2006, 14:59
There was a story in the Orlando Sentinel about this a short while ago, and it had a quote from Disney's CEO.

Disney will not be giving up its fast pass system

Homer
21-02-2006, 17:28
So basically they want another $30.00 to help you get on the rides without waiting that is shocking [:O]

I am going over in September and I will now be thinking long and hard about buying tickets for it:(

chrizzy100
21-02-2006, 17:51
This is spring break...never a good time to be in Orlando...I've never used a fast pass in any park...its just knowing when not to visit..

People will pay extra for fast passes...they have been doing this a while now...most people only go away to the parks once every few years if that....if you put the cost against what you pay for a ride in the fair grounds in England...you still get good value for money....more Americans are going to the area for holidays than ever before..they will pay the extra...if you want to vote to not go..it would be up to you...but in the end the only ones missing out are you and your family..

chrizzy100
21-02-2006, 17:56
Just when it seemed as if Disney World tickets couldn't get costlier, 2006 ushered in a price increase that makes a single-day adult ticket to visit a single park approach the daunting sum of $70. That's right: A ticket now costs $67.10, which coincidentally matches nearby Universal Studios' new adult admission. So, how can you pay less?

Show proof that you're a Florida resident and you stand to save big with Disney's 3-Day Play Pass, which is $120 plus tax -- equivalent to about $40 per day. Passes for kids (ages 3 to 9) are $99, plus tax.

You don't need to use up the pass on one long visit. Passes expire six months from the first use, so passholders can visit one park on any three days within that time. There are no black-out dates. For $20 extra, plus tax, you can add a "Park Hopper" option so that you can jump among the four parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Animal Kingdom and Disney-MGM Studios.

If you plan to spend only one day at Disney World, you still can get a small -- 10 percent -- savings on a single-day, single-park ticket, making it $60.39 per adult. Again, you must prove Florida residency. A Florida college ID will do, as will a Florida-based military ID or state-issued ID card. Most people present a Florida driver's license. Buy tickets or passes at the parks or disneyworld.com. For information, call 407-824-2222.

Universal Studios' Web site states that for a limited time it is slicing its single-day admission to $39.95, plus tax, for Floridians, so long as they buy tickets online and visit either Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure (not both). Visiting both parks on the same day is $63 plus tax per adult or $52 plus tax per child, which represents a $10 savings. Buy tickets via the "Florida Residents" link at UniversalOrlando.com.

Ask for rain checks: if you show up at a store only to learn that a desired advertised item is out of stock, ask for a rain check entitling you to pay the same low price when the item comes in. Broward reader and grandmother Hazel Sims did that when Walgreens recently ran out of a particular cereal advertised for $2. She got a rain check that allows her to buy up to four boxes of the cereal for $2 apiece.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/lifestyle/sfl-cut0219xfeb19,0,959150.story?coll=sfla-features-headlines