PDA

View Full Version : Will I need a heated pool May 25 - June2

krcxxx
21-02-2006, 01:58
I am planning on renting a villa May 25 - June2. Will I need to have the pool heated?

Thanks
krc

Paula D-S
21-02-2006, 02:04
Hi Kevin and welcome to the forums.

I would say you wouldn't need pool heat for the dates you're in Florida but it all depends on the age of your party. If you have very young family with you I would say for what it's worth get the pool heated.:D

MaggieAllan
21-02-2006, 02:11
You shouldn't need the pool heating for those dates, and will probably be more glad of a cool down. However, if you feel it's necessary once you are there, you can always contact the management to have it switched on.

Ray&Sarah
21-02-2006, 02:15
It really depends on how warm your familylike the pool. We have guests that have asked for pool hetaing in August, they had young children and wanted to make sure it was really warm. We have alsoe had guests in November who didn't have pool heating because they said their children were used to swimming in lakes.[msnsmile2]

aarkley
21-02-2006, 03:06
obviously if you are wantinmg a heated spa or hot tub I would say yes otherwise it is unlikely. Why don't you agree with the owner if you need it you will pay the manageement company. I have arranged that with guests in our villa and it works okay

ALAN

21-02-2006, 10:11
We must be the cold family because I would say yes to pool heat, we do have young children though[msnwink]

walden64
21-02-2006, 10:59
We have guests with young children that are going in the early part of May and they are going to decide if they want the pool heated when they get to the villa.
If they decide that they want the pool heating turned on they just contact our Management Company and pay them direct.

LiesaAnna
21-02-2006, 11:24
i'm afraid i would probably have pool heating all year round!! its a personal thing really, see if the villa owner remembers what past guests have done that time of year before, and see what they recommend

spg
21-02-2006, 12:37
Yes I would have pool/spa heat all year round too but as LiesaAnna say's it is a personal thing. If unsure I would go with the "see how you find it when you get there" and then if you want the heat on contact the Management Company.

pieman790
21-02-2006, 12:51
We have small children and we always have the pool heat on when ever we are in Florida including May/June. It all goes down to your preferance.

Lynne S
21-02-2006, 12:59
We are going to Florida on 17th May and yes we will be having pool heat. We have been in May and early June twice before and had it then too.
There is no point having a wonderful pool just outside your villa and not being able to use it[msnwink]

GrahamC
21-02-2006, 14:13
I would agree with the others, wait until you get there and see if you need it.

At that time of year it will heat up very quickly if you feel that you do want it, and on the other hand there is no point in paying for something that is not required.

Agree with the owner in advance that this is your requirement and there should be no problems.

solanasunshine
21-02-2006, 14:56
We're would say yes to the pool heating as well. [msnsmile]

Champagne
21-02-2006, 15:08
Definitely say yes to pool heating! That way you can swim later in the evening and at night once the heat's gone out of the sun...our favourite time for a dip!

blott
21-02-2006, 15:40
Just a note of caution and that is that some management companies charge a fee if you decide you want the pool heating on after arrival as it means them making an extra visit to the home. Ask your home owner if this applies in your case.

Cruella DeVilla
21-02-2006, 15:44
Depends on how hard you are[laugh][laugh][laugh] Seriously though we don't bother and once you are in it's lovley!

Ray&Sarah
21-02-2006, 20:45
We personally wouldn't bother at this time fo year either.[msnsmile]

Sue and Jere
21-02-2006, 20:47
We have never had pool heat at this time of year either.

ellie
21-02-2006, 21:07
Am afraid I would say heating definitely. There is nothing worse than a cold pool. I hate getting in to a pool that is freezing so am one of the wimps who has heat on whatever time of year we go - even in August. It really is personal choice but for me it would spoil the luxury of having my own pool if it took me half an hour to brave getting in!

Actually, the warmer the outside temperature, the cooler the pool feels, so it is a necessity for us during the summer months, too. Glad to see there are numerous wimps out there too!

[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
21-02-2006, 21:13
oi who you calling a wimp!!![msnwink] its a case of needing the relaxation of the pool!!![msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

ellie
21-02-2006, 23:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
oi who you calling a wimp!!![msnwink] its a case of needing the relaxation of the pool!!![msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]
[/quote]

Takes one to know one, Liesa! [msnwink]:D

russell148
22-02-2006, 00:02
Julie

Personally we would have the pool heating on.

Regards

Russell

ShirleyCottam
22-02-2006, 02:35
I wouldnt have pool heat, but I like a refreshing swim. I find the sun heats the pool enough to keep it to a reasonable temperature.

It is really down to personal preferance [msnsmile]

jminmaine
24-02-2006, 07:53
I am just wondering, for those villa pools that have attached raised "spas", do you need to heat the pool to have a hot spa? Thanks for any advice! We will be in a villa in early May.

Steve and Dawn
25-02-2006, 13:03
I personally wouldn't bother. It is starting to get hotter at that time of year. Even if the water was a bit cool I don't think it would bother kids. It's the adults you see tippy toeing into cool water, ever so slowly[msnwink] at the water parks. Kids just jump in and get on with it.

rosie
25-02-2006, 13:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jminmaine
I am just wondering, for those villa pools that have attached raised "spas", do you need to heat the pool to have a hot spa? Thanks for any advice! We will be in a villa in early May.
[/quote]

Hi jminmaine, it all depends on the individual set up. I know our spa can be heated independently of the pool, as we specifically wanted this, and many others also have that set up.

Best thing is to check with your home owner as to how their own one works [msnsmile2]