PDA

View Full Version : the escape lounge at manchester airport

mizzy
19-02-2006, 18:21
Hi

can anyone tell me if this lounge is worth the money
it would be £60 for a family of 4

i know it says complimentary toast, pastries, muffins etc but do you know if "complimentary" extends to include drinks like tea coffee juice

thanks Mizzy

19-02-2006, 18:44
Yes Mizzy its does, coffee, tea and juices are all free, its a very nice lounge[msnwink]

Newhomebuyer
19-02-2006, 23:33
I have used this lounge on my last 2 trips and I find it such a great way to start the holiday.
There are plenty of drinks available and continental breakfast items.
You are allowed in 3 hours before your flight is due to depart. During busy periods it does book up so don't leave it too late if you intend to use it.

Jules
20-02-2006, 02:37
We use it every time we fly to Orlando. The first time it had just opened and we were the only people in there, it was wonderful. Now it is much more popular and last September they were full so I couldn't pre book, they told me to turn up on the day and ask if anyone had cancelled or failed to show. Luckily they let us in and opened up another room as it was pretty full. So I would book in plenty of time.
As well as the danish pastries, toast, muffins there are the soft drinks, tea, fruit teas, coffee, water, fruit juice and a good selection of spirits, mixers and canned beer. We are usually in there early morning so don't bother with the alcohol but last month we were talking to a lady who was a nervous flyer and she said it was the best £17 she had ever spent as she didn't feel as if she was in the airport at all. She did say it could have had something to do with the largish brandy she had just had finished but she said she would definately book the lounge in future.

Macka
20-02-2006, 11:18
I was just about to book one for Gatwick, anyone know which one is best? I've done the serviceair one, that wasn't too bad.

Susan J
20-02-2006, 18:28
Personally the Escape lounge isn't so much different than being in the main airport - they let too many in -if you want a first class lounge, you want peace and quiet [ or I do] and I found there were two families constantly eating and drinking [bear in mind this was before 8am] tumbler fulls of whisky, and were very rowdy. Not worth it to me - I just like a cup of coffe and a morning paper and peace :D

Pegasus928
24-02-2006, 13:24
Does this lounge have any sort of view or is it in an enclosed room. I would consider it but only if it had the same view as the normal departure lounge.
Pegasus

Macka
24-02-2006, 13:28
I've just booked this one:

Aviance Executive Suite Gatwick North Terminal

71 quid for 4 folk, I thought that was a bargain, anyone ever been?

wrightbuxton
24-02-2006, 15:01
Is there anything for kids to do in Escape we allways book Sanfords lounge on the way home & it has films & play stations for the kids.

24-02-2006, 18:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrightbuxton
Is there anything for kids to do in Escape we allways book Sanfords lounge on the way home & it has films & play stations for the kids.

[/quote]

Children under 8 are not permitted[msnsad]

Susan J
24-02-2006, 18:37
You can look at details of the rooms on the manairport site -no windows never mind views :D

lgordon6041
27-02-2006, 17:27
We used it last trip & will use it again in June.....superb....even better because I can get a discount from working at Manchester Airport Terminal 2. Dave (Lee's dad)