PDA

View Full Version : Alamo at MCO

linsan
19-02-2006, 05:14
We have guests flying into MCO and they are hiring a car through Alamo. Is Alamo's collection point on-site now or is it still off-site? I'm sure when we were last at MCO (January) that we saw signs for them on-site near to Dollar (who we tend to use).

blott
19-02-2006, 06:58
Yes, they're on site in the same area as Dollar (downstairs from the baggage claim area) and then just across the road to the multistorey car park to pick up the vehicle.

Fourdents
19-02-2006, 13:38
Please make sure that your guests do not get sold any extra insurance etc. by the Alamo desk sales staff. If they are hiring from OV car rental package all the required cover is included.

The first time I went to Florida and booked Alamo they "took advantage" and sold me a whole lot of stuff I did not need. I complained and did get a refund.

Madabouttigger
19-02-2006, 13:43
We used Alamo at MCO, it's just downstairs and yes they did try to sell us more insurance.

djdigitald
28-02-2006, 12:30
Yes they tried and did sell us some extra insurance, i had a 10 minute argument with them to say that the package i got was sufficiant but they insisted that i needed to take out this new insurance! Wasn't happy at all with there attitude and service and i was going to contact the guys here about it, It seems that this is a con trick that they play, not very good :(

Fourdents
28-02-2006, 13:50
Yes, and very bad too. I do hope someone on this car hire service has a "word" about ALAMO selling tactics.[gun]

This sort of thing....after a long flight, maybe your first visit to Orlando is just taking advantage.

This was done to me on my first ever visit......I did write and complain and eventually got a refund.[clap]

I will be making sure my guests are aware of this before they arrive in Orlando !

Linda

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
28-02-2006, 14:18
We do act on every mention of this kind of behaviour we receive. Our suppliers assure us that Alamo take this kind of thing very seriously and if you get the name of the member of staff that tried to sell it to you they will have words with them.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Fourdents

Yes, and very bad too. I do hope someone on this car hire service has a "word" about ALAMO selling tactics.[gun]
[/quote]

djdigitald
28-02-2006, 14:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
We do act on every mention of this kind of behaviour we receive. Our suppliers assure us that Alamo take this kind of thing very seriously and if you get the name of the member of staff that tried to sell it to you they will have words with them.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Fourdents

[/quote]
[/quote]

John, i emailed your from the the Car Hire site, i think i still have all the receipt details at home so i will look it out when i finish work and contact you with any details you need?

Daniel

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
28-02-2006, 14:27
I'm not sure I follow - you said above that it happened to you on your first trip and you got a refund. Has it happened again?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by djdigitald
John, i emailed your from the the Car Hire site, i think i still have all the receipt details at home so i will look it out when i finish work and contact you with any details you need?

Daniel
[/quote]

djdigitald
28-02-2006, 14:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
I'm not sure I follow - you said above that it happened to you on your first trip and you got a refund. Has it happened again?

Daniel
[/quote]
[/quote]

No that was Fourdents who said it happened on her first trip, mine happened just recently 9th Feb.

pieman790
28-02-2006, 14:35
Since we started booking the car hire from this site we have never had a problem with them selling extra insurance. They do from time to time try for the upgrade option but once we have said no they dont bother you any further.
We have regisitered with Dollar for there super fast service (Cant remember the corret name) and sailed through at the airport last time, in fact from landing to getting to the villa took just under an hour.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
28-02-2006, 14:51
Oops - so it was. Apologies for the confusion. I'm off to get more coffee and wake up now [msnwink].

By all means forward all the details you have and we will pass on to our suppliers who have a direct line of communication with Alamo.

No that was Fourdents who said it happened on her first trip, mine happened just recently 9th Feb.
[/quote]

bargainqueen
28-02-2006, 20:58
I've only used Alamo once and would never use them again due to there very unhelpful staff.

I filled in a complaints form when I returned but never had any acknowledgment. There lose as I hire cars a lot and definately wouldn't recommend then to anyone else.

My other bugbear is that although I book and pay for the car, all questions are directed at my husband and I cease to excist. Once he even had to give me permission to drive it.

It makes him laugh[msnmad]