PDA

View Full Version : BA Gatwick

markandpam
18-02-2006, 12:37
I'm flying with British Airways two weeks on Monday from Gatwick to orlando. I know it's on a 777 but does anyone know if they have the seat back tv's or video on demand ? Not sure how comfortable it is either. I've been told it's similar to an A330 - 300 that I flew on a few weeks ago. Just hope the seats aren't to bad!

Pam.

18-02-2006, 13:50
Entertainment
Relax and enjoy your own personal seat back video screen* with our wide choice of latest blockbuster movies and TV entertainment or drift away listening to a choice of 12 channels of CD quality audio.

* Available on most aircraft

Cabin environment
Relax in our ergonomically designed seat complete with lumbar support, adjustable footrest and headrest, with blankets and cushions provided for your added comfort.

Last BA world traveller flight was into Tampa and I was pregnant and very uncomfortable due to the sickness, flew to Chicago in world traveller plus on a bulkhead seat and it was great[msnwink]

Hope this helps a bit[msnwink]

KevinT
18-02-2006, 14:59
Hi Pam,

We have flown on the BA 777's out of Gatwick. Seats were quite comfortable with seat back screens,however on the return flight our block of seats (about 20 in all) had problems with the screens. After a few attempts to restart them, the stewardess just said it was a technical problem and brought us some magazines to read. (Long journey back with no entertainment so I take my own now!:D) I wrote to BA when we returned suggesting they keep DVD players on board (like Virgin)for events like this. They sent an apology letter and £60 of BA vouchers which I used the following trip against car hire.
The planes themselves are very nice. I would class them as perhaps even better than the A330
(although the 330 is my favourite plane for the journey!)

I'm sure you'll have a great trip with BA.

Katys Grandad
18-02-2006, 14:59
[quote Cabin environment
Relax in our ergonomically designed seat complete with lumbar support, adjustable footrest and headrest, with blankets and cushions provided for your added comfort.

[/quote]

Do the economy seats have adjustable foot and head rests Julie?

18-02-2006, 15:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad

Do the economy seats have adjustable foot and head rests Julie?

This is off the BA web site in the World Trav section and Yes they do its very small and does nt come out that far. Have a look here...

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/worldt/public/en_gb

This is off a Disney site............

World Traveller

British Airways' World Traveller service features the most comprehensive range of services and benefits ever for passengers flying longhaul in an "economy" cabin.

It aims to offer greater comfort, increased flexibility and more value for money for those travelling for business or leisure. At its heart is a new focus on families with infant seats, baby cots and 'feed kids first' policy.

An extensive research programme lies behind the service. Families from around the UK were 'shadowed' on flights to identify how their journey could be improved.

Features include:

· Ergonomically designed seats with adjustable headrests and footrests and more knee room.
· Personal video screens and audio for every passenger, with up to 18 channels, including a dedicated children and family channel, as well as 12 channels of audio programmes.
· Enhanced catering service with new menus offering a choice of hot entrées.
· A helpful approach to looking after families and children including 'Feed Kids First' policy, special children's meals, toys and games to keep children occupied, Britax seats for toddlers, complimentary baby cots and push-chairs to the aircraft side.
· A hassle-free trip through the airport with self service check-in combined with our
fast bag-drop service.
· Online check-in allows customers to check-in and choose their seat for their flight up to 24 hours before departure and on selected destinations print their boarding card.
· Seat reservation may be requested at time of booking subject to availability.

Katys Grandad
18-02-2006, 15:48
Thanks Julie - that's pretty good for economy seats.

Budboy
18-02-2006, 16:40
Done this a couple of times, seats are o.k, enough room for me and I am 6ft and on the chunky side, you can get film listings form the BA website, If you are going with kids they get a pack of books & games and are fed first so you can eat yours in peace.

Personally I fly to Tampa instead of MCO for the following.

1. less crowded especially through immigration & security
2. 45 Minutes to US27 no traffic, no tolls
3. Better BA flight times

bellaepovera
18-02-2006, 16:49
Thats the route I have been taking for years and I mostly fly into Tampa as have to agree a nice airport for getting in and out.Orlando is nice also but most of the time they are booked solid so for the 1 hour drive to Kissimmee well worth it. Both planes very nice with tvs in the back and I like the choice of picking which movie you want to watch. Usually watch 3 or try to anyway and that makes the trip so much faster!