PDA

View Full Version : Discovery cove

ETurner
01-07-2003, 05:22
I plan my first visit to DC. We will be in Florida from 31st July to 15th August. DC seems to be fully booket for this duration for 3 people swimming with the dolphins. Can anyone help. If I travel back home to Ireland without this visit to DC I'm dead. My daughter has talked about this for a year now but I didn't realise it was so popular. Does anyone have tickets or slots they can exchange. Any date above is fine. Please help, help, help....
Eugene

steph_goodrum
01-07-2003, 13:21
If you're coming from Ireland this may be a bit of a long shot but who have you booked your holiday through? We went in August 2001 and tried to book online but it was all sold out, on the off-chance I phoned Virgin holidays as we had booked a flydrive package through them and they managed to find us availability, I think they buy in an allocation which they obviously hadn't sold out of. The other option is to try just to book the dolphin swim for your daughter and normal entry for yourselves, it may be possible that there is a slot for 1 to swim and whilst it is better if you can all do it, you'll still be able to spent the whole day there swimming and snorkelling etc with her.

steph_goodrum
01-07-2003, 14:13
Eugene
Is the 31st the day you arrive or the next day?
I checked on http://www.discoverycove.com/index.asp and there are space for 3 to swim on July 31st so if it's the day after you arrive you may be in luck.

Gillian-B
01-07-2003, 23:05
Eugene,

Lunn Poly, via Keith Prowse, also sell DC tickets and it may be worthwhile trying them if you cannot do the 31st to see if they have any of their allocation left. The problem with DC tickets is that they only let about 1,000 people in each day and they are in high demand in peak season! It's great, though, if you can get tickets as it won't be packed.

Good luck
Gillian

allyjack
02-07-2003, 04:18
Eugene
Try Keith Prowse in Irish Life Mall in Dublin- they sell tickets for this
Phone number is 8783500 and price is a heafty €254 for dolphin swim and €143 for non swim however maybe they have reduced the price with the better exchange rate. Also Tour America and American holidays might be able to get it but probably only if you booked with them.
I understand the way you geel- We are going to DC on 22nd July and kids talk of nothing else.
hope this helps
Alison

Kissyme
02-07-2003, 11:59
We couldn`t get booked with Virgin for DC and we tried 8 month before but went through to dc direct on the internet and booked with out a prob maybe you could try this