PDA

View Full Version : How much cleaning?

zazu
16-02-2006, 20:21
okay so if we are spending 21 nights in a villa, some housework will have to be done [msnsad]How much does everyone do?

Macka
16-02-2006, 20:26
We treat the villa exactly the same as we do our own home.

At the end of every holiday we've had, I can honestly sat that the villa's been cleaner than when we arrived. Not that we've ever had a dirty one (well we did once) but let's say that the cleaner has an easy job when we leave.

zazu
16-02-2006, 20:40
I'm a bit of a clean freak, would be worried I would get a bit carried away...LOL, especially as the villas are so gorgeous i wouldn't want to mess it up!

LiesaAnna
16-02-2006, 20:40
have to say the same as Paul, we clean in fact probably a bit more then at home, we put things out of the way at times so we dont break things,
we change the beds half way through (well muggins here does) and when we leave we do all washing drying and tidying away, we leave it as best, to how we wouldnt mind finding the place if the cleaners hadnt been (if you get me)[msnwink]

chrizzy100
16-02-2006, 20:53
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by zazu
I'm a bit of a clean freak, would be worried I would get a bit carried away...LOL, especially as the villas are so gorgeous i wouldn't want to mess it up!
[/quote]

I could never rent a home....I just let my family run wild when I'm away...I clean enough at home....the villas don't seem to get that dirty...I may flip some dust around if we have more than us 2 staying...but apart from that and the odd hoover the place never looks like it needs a clean...

Carla
16-02-2006, 22:26
You're on vacation, so why not save yourselves the effort and book a full clean halfway through your holiday? The cleaners will then come in and change and wash all of the linens and towels, clean the bathrooms, kitchen, vacuum all round, dust etc. etc.. Costs vary depending on size of villa but are likely to be between $65 - $100

A number of my guests do this and then when they walk back in it looks like it did the first time they saw it.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

okay so if we are spending 21 nights in a villa, some housework will have to be done [msnsad]How much does everyone do?
[/quote]

16-02-2006, 23:05
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Carla
You're on vacation, so why not save yourselves the effort and book a full clean halfway through your holiday? The cleaners will then come in and change and wash all of the linens and towels, clean the bathrooms, kitchen, vacuum all round, dust etc. etc.. Costs vary depending on size of villa but are likely to be between $65 - $100

A number of my guests do this and then when they walk back in it looks like it did the first time they saw it.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

[/quote]
[/quote]

This is a great idea Carla, and we will definitely do this next time, we last stayed for around 24 nights last time and I must admit to doing a mega clean half way through and before we left[msnscared]

mizzy
17-02-2006, 00:52
to be honest Zazu you dont notice the cleaning at all

as a mother of two kids it becomes automated and you do it without really noticing

another good plus to a villa is that you will have a laundry so you wont need to take as many clothes and the washing cycle generally takes about 1/2 hour so no more suitcases full of dirty clothes when you get home from your holiday[msnwink]

love your avatar, stitch, my favourite [msnsmile2]

Mizzy

Ray&Sarah
17-02-2006, 01:05
We tend to clean up as we go along when we have rented other peoples places, never left a place dirty yet.[msnsmile2]

CarolAnn
17-02-2006, 02:44
[/quote]
You have to be every villa owners dream guest:) but as said, you are on your holiday too! Would go for keeping on top of things as you go, or take Carla's suggestion and have a mid stay clean as an option:)

Twiglet
17-02-2006, 04:48
When we go away for our big reunion in a couple of years time, the villa will probably remain spotless as my Mum is a clean freak and coming with us!

Carla
17-02-2006, 13:31
Twiglet, if you intend renting a 7 bed home, then your poor Mum will end up having no holiday at all if she cleans up after you!![msneek][msneek] Think of all those bathrooms for a start!! She'll need a holiday to get over it, when she gets back home.[msneek][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Ana
17-02-2006, 15:17
It's very nice to have a clean half way through - even just for the sake of the bedding / bathrooms. Otherwise it's easy to keep the Villa clean on a day to day basis [msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
17-02-2006, 17:31
I would think people are cleaner if they get to know the owners...I've been in a few rentals of people who I know don't rent their homes here..........and I'm sure the owners would cry if they saw their homes in that kind of mess...and the amount of electric guests waste could power a small country...I got a neighbour to put his outside spot lights on a timer...they were on for 3 weeks one time all day and night...that is like burning a one bar fire 24/7 on each corner of the house...

I have to watch costs all the time....I now know why Americans sit in the dark with just the TV on...the ad about the guy buying a cheaper pizza and being able to turn the lights on for his kids for a few seconds is no joke.....[msncry]

bjpointon
18-02-2006, 02:15
It's lovely to see there are so many caring prospective Villa Guests intent on looking after our homes.

Twiglet
18-02-2006, 03:06
Twiglet, if you intend renting a 7 bed home, then your poor Mum will end up having no holiday at all if she cleans up after you!![msneek][msneek] Think of all those bathrooms for a start!! She'll need a holiday to get over it, when she gets back home.[msneek][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
[/quote]
I didn't mean she will be cleaning after us, more that we know how she hates mess, so will be extra extra tidy. We will have to probably hide the dusters.....she would laugh at that, probably go out and buy one! [laugh]

bargainqueen
25-02-2006, 14:03
We normally go to a dollartree and buy cleaning products as none have been left in Villa. My one complaint as it's not hygenic to go two weeks without cleaning the toilet.

Last year ureka there was a cleaning product in bathroom but empty. At least we knew what we could use safely so got a matching product.

Always strip beds and normally by the time we leave they are washed and dried. Leave towels in machine for maid service.

Try to treat the villa better than we would our own, it will at times be messy with all the pamphlets my husband picks up in Walmart but when we go all it needs is a dust and hoover to put it right.

Carla
25-02-2006, 16:06
Don't let her near the household section when you go to Walmart. You'll never get her out again. So much choice!![msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Twiglet
[/quote]
I didn't mean she will be cleaning after us, more that we know how she hates mess, so will be extra extra tidy. We will have to probably hide the dusters.....she would laugh at that, probably go out and buy one! [laugh]
[/quote]

blott
25-02-2006, 16:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bargainqueen
We normally go to a dollartree and buy cleaning products as none have been left in Villa. My one complaint as it's not hygenic to go two weeks without cleaning the toilet.

Last year ureka there was a cleaning product in bathroom but empty. At least we knew what we could use safely so got a matching product.

Always strip beds and normally by the time we leave they are washed and dried. Leave towels in machine for maid service.

Try to treat the villa better than we would our own, it will at times be messy with all the pamphlets my husband picks up in Walmart but when we go all it needs is a dust and hoover to put it right.[/quote]In the main, you'll find that cleaning products aren't left as this could be a serious liability issue with any young children who find them by accident.

Although home owners know where they should be kept (out of children's reach) unfortunately we can't guarantee that all our guests follow this so cleaners are asked to remove any cleaning products they find 'under the kitchen sink' or elsewhere for safety's sake.

orlandodaze
26-02-2006, 19:04
I know I drive my family mad on hoidays by being over fussy about keeping the villa tidy. Normally the villa is so nice that I want it always looking in tiptop order . Then sometime we have friends on holidays in orlando who may visit and just like at home you dont want them thinking badly of you (silly I Know).

LiesaAnna
26-02-2006, 21:37
i dont think it takes to much effort to get the place tidy and clean, as there isnt the normal run of things that we would have at home! ornaments all through and bits and bobs laying about the place,
most of us when on holiday in a villa spend a few minutes here and there doing a tidy up between us,
wish i was in florida now!