PDA

View Full Version : CALLING ALL EPCOT NUTTERS!!!

Macka
14-02-2006, 14:42
OK you guys. Epcot fireworks..

We must have done illuminations 15-20 times? It's by far the high point of the whole holiday, it kind of sums up everything for us, the professionalism, the attention to detail, how to do a show properly with no expense spared, I won't go on.

Other than once watching it from close to Mexico, we've always managed to just about get a seat in the Red Lion and watch it from there as it's a great view of illuminations.

2 questions: I fancy sitting down this time with a table guaranteed, can I do WWW-dine and book a table that gurantees a view?

and has anyone booked to eat in another country that has a good view? I believe the Mexico restaurant has a good view.

Do tell.

DaveL
14-02-2006, 22:05
The restaurant in Mexico is right at the back of the pavilion and I don't see how you would see a single firework from there. The view was not bad from Japan as it was on the second floor but that was about 8 years ago so they may have alter things by now. By far the best has always been the UK but you cannot book the tables outside as far as I know. People that have them when the fireworks are due tend to linger over coffee so you really need to plan to be there about 90 mins early and then ask to wait for an outside table. Once you have one plan for a slow 3 course meal and then coffee.[msnwink]

Dave

Ana
15-02-2006, 02:05
You could always book one of the boat trips? I believe they are popular so book early [msnsmile2]

Macka
15-02-2006, 11:59
Oooh yes I'd forgotten about the boat trip! Might give that a go for sure, thanks. Shame about not being able to book a table outside Dave.

Ray&Sarah
16-02-2006, 03:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DaveL
The restaurant in Mexico is right at the back of the pavilion and I don't see how you would see a single firework from there. The view was not bad from Japan as it was on the second floor but that was about 8 years ago so they may have alter things by now. By far the best has always been the UK but you cannot book the tables outside as far as I know. People that have them when the fireworks are due tend to linger over coffee so you really need to plan to be there about 90 mins early and then ask to wait for an outside table. Once you have one plan for a slow 3 course meal and then coffee.[msnwink]

Dave[/quote]Thanks for the tip Dave, will have to try this.[msnsmile2]

philgrove
16-02-2006, 15:31
We love EPCOT and the fireworks are just fantastic.
Always wondered how people get those seats last May we did see a wedding party who were sat having a meal ready for fireworks.
We always eat on the floor round the lake (chicken strips and fries!).

But thats what the kids have grown to expect.

Karen.

becbecs
16-02-2006, 16:08
Hi Macka

I think we have been very fortunate as on 3 separate occasions we as a family of 4 have managed to get a table at the Rose & Crown in the England area at Epcot. We sat down at around 8pm on all 3 nights and asked the staff after we had finished eating if it was OK to watch Reflections of Earth. They were fine or should I say they were more than happy for us to stay.

Fantastic view especially with a nice cool beer in your hand.

We like the Rose & Crown as the kids can't get enough of there sausage and Mash Delicous. [clap][clap][clap]

Ray&Sarah
17-02-2006, 01:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by becbecs
Hi Macka

I think we have been very fortunate as on 3 separate occasions we as a family of 4 have managed to get a table at the Rose & Crown in the England area at Epcot. We sat down at around 8pm on all 3 nights and asked the staff after we had finished eating if it was OK to watch Reflections of Earth. They were fine or should I say they were more than happy for us to stay.

<span style="color:red">We like the Rose & Crown as the kids can't get enough of there sausage and Mash Delicous. [clap][clap][clap]
[/quote]</span id="red">

Sounds like one for our youngest son, he loves mash potato.:D

becbecs
17-02-2006, 03:11
Hi Ray & Sarah

The Sausage & Mash with Onion Gravey is to die for. Never seen our kids eat so well while in Florida. They didn't come up for air while eating it. :D

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by becbecs
Hi Macka

<span style="color:red">We like the Rose & Crown as the kids can't get enough of there sausage and Mash Delicous. [clap][clap][clap]
[/quote]</span id="red">

Sounds like one for our youngest son, he loves mash potato.:D
[/quote]

Macka
17-02-2006, 11:45
I think that just settled it.
[easter1]

Bisset
25-02-2006, 08:05
I feel as though I've missed out. I've never really enjoyed Epcot even though we've been on Mission Space and Fast Track. We always make our journey to the British pub which I feel is slightly over the top British, and then to the rides we enjoy.

I think and most of you will agree we need to give Epcot another chance and maybe walk round the lake to other areas. The night time fireworks are however in my opinion fabulous even spectacular.

I love Orlando, best hol ever!!

Macka
25-02-2006, 11:16
Gemma I thik you should give it another go yes.

We've never been on Mission space or test track, and have no intention of trying them.

We go to Epcot as a more relaxing day than the rest of the parks, You can eat well, especially in the evenings and get 2 great shows. You can shop all over the world [msnwink] and you see something different every time.

I know what you mean about the pub being over the top, but all the countries are to their own folk.

I have it on very good authority that the English barmaids are deliberately rude. [msnwink]

Paula D-S
25-02-2006, 11:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka

We've never been on Mission space or test track, and have no intention of trying them.

[/quote]

Paul you have to be kidding, why don't you go on these rides, don't tell me you're too scared.

kaysvacationvilla
25-02-2006, 16:18
After having been to Epcot many times, this last time we took the time to view all of the Countries and to really take it in. I am just sorry we did not do it before as it was great. Before we were always running in and out for test track and now Soarin.

Macka
25-02-2006, 21:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caitlin

[/quote]

Paul you have to be kidding, why don't you go on these rides, don't tell me you're too scared.
[/quote]

No not scared Paula, if there's no queue I'd go on, but in Epcot in particular, I just can't be bothered. [xx(]

MarkJan
25-02-2006, 23:34

We've never been on Mission space or test track, and have no intention of trying them.[/quote]

Quality rides! Especially Test Track. Jan says it's just like the M60 [msnembarrased]

djdigitald
25-02-2006, 23:34
Rose and Crown gets a good view, have done it right at the front. Didn't see them this time as we left early because of the weather but i did see them set up and stand next to the barges with all the barages on them and being the pyromaniac i am i though it was absolutely fantastic. I asked if they had any jobs available, told them my past experience and they were really interested in what i had done as it is all electonically fired over there. I gave them my details although i doubt i will here anything!

Ray&Sarah
26-02-2006, 03:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Bisset
I feel as though I've missed out. I've never really enjoyed Epcot even though we've been on Mission Space and Fast Track. We always make our journey to the British pub which I feel is slightly over the top British, and then to the rides we enjoy.

I think and most of you will agree we need to give Epcot another chance and maybe walk round the lake to other areas. The night time fireworks are however in my opinion fabulous even spectacular.

I love Orlando, best hol ever!!
[/quote]

Will let you know our second opinion of Epcot after next week as we are going to give it another go. We went 9 years ago and didn't enjoy it at all. We think we must have missed the point as so many people like it so much.[msnsmile2]

Daglish
26-02-2006, 17:55
[/quote]

Will let you know our second opinion of Epcot after next week as we are going to give it another go. We went 9 years ago and didn't enjoy it at all. We think we must have missed the point as so many people like it so much.[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

We are the same as you Ray & Sarah - tried the Epcot Fireworks years ago and weren't impressed. Have said though we will give it another try when we are over in June. So many people say how good they are perhaps we just weren't in the right mood for them last time we went.

Macka
01-03-2006, 15:51
Well now It'd be no fun if we were all the same would it. Horses for courses and all that.

I like the Tikki bird show so it's clear that there's no accounting for taste.
[msneek]