PDA

View Full Version : We're on our way....!

Ana
14-02-2006, 00:04
We have been finally approved for our H-1B Visa after our interview on Friday [clap][clap][clap][clap]

rosie
14-02-2006, 00:10
Congrats Ana [clap][clap][clap]

Lots of life changing events for you in the coming months. Good luck and very best wishes for the big move [msnsmile2]

stabard
14-02-2006, 00:16
Congratulations Ana and all the best for the future

Cruella DeVilla
14-02-2006, 00:21
Well done Ana, Good luck in the times ahead![clap]

normajohnp
14-02-2006, 00:30
Hope everything goes smoothly from now on. Good luck[clap][clap]

Norma

E. Cosgrove
14-02-2006, 00:43
Great news Ana, hope that everything goes smoothly and you are settled in long before the new arrival.:)

pepsi
14-02-2006, 00:46
Congratulations Ana. Hope all goes well for you in the future

Ray&Sarah
14-02-2006, 01:17
Congratulations Ana, thats great news, new life and new baby wow what a year.[msnsmile2]

14-02-2006, 01:19
Very well done and congratulations[clap][clap][clap][clap]

CarolAnn
14-02-2006, 01:51
Hearty congrats Ana :)What wonderful news:)

LiesaAnna
14-02-2006, 02:53
grerat news Ana, well done!!

orlandodaze
14-02-2006, 20:36
All best wishes for your future , and may all your dreams and asperations come true . We will be looking forward to hearing how its going.

Sue and Jere
14-02-2006, 20:41
Congratulations Ana, great news[msnsmile2]

kimwo
14-02-2006, 23:27
Very well done and congratulations[clap][clap][clap]

Kim

MarkJan
15-02-2006, 00:14
Congratulations [clap][clap][clap] What's the secret?

owen3
15-02-2006, 00:27
Congratulations Ana.[clap][clap][clap]
Barbara

dawn
15-02-2006, 00:30
Double congratulations Ana - what a busy and exciting year you have ahead - hope to catch up again in the summer[msnsmile2]

esprit
15-02-2006, 07:12
Exciting. When are you off, then??

steph_goodrum
15-02-2006, 11:58
Congratulations to you Ana, just curious will the medical insurers cover your maternity bills as you are already pregnant or do you have to pay for everything yourself?

andrewandcarole
15-02-2006, 12:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
Congratulations to you Ana, just curious will the medical insurers cover your maternity bills as you are already pregnant or do you have to pay for everything yourself?
[/quote]

You are on the same wave length as me! I wondered that (having had first hand experience of medical costs in the US a few weeks ago -ouch!)

On the plus side though- born in the US = US passport!

Carole

steph_goodrum
15-02-2006, 14:23
"On the plus side though- born in the US = US passport!"

Not necessarily a plus Carole, as many people have found recently they are deemed to be US citizens because they were born there and are having to apply for the right to reside elsewhere, as the US now States that for US citizens they have to show US passort or ID to reenter the country. There is a case in the news recently of a grandmother who came to England
when she was 2 after her birth in US and has remained here ever since, although she has holidayed in the States. She found out she should get a US passport and duly did so and visited her half sisters in States, when she came back to Immigration they picked up on the US passport and queried how she should be living here and reported it and she is now facing deportation as the UK say she does not have a legal right to be here despite her having grown up, been married and had her children and grandchildren here.

I think it's much easier if you apply for dual citizenship at the time of birth as then you can have both passports and can just show the appropriate one when leaving /entering the respective countries. You also have to report all your Worldwide income to the IRS even if you dont live there any more. Could be a double edged sword?

Ana
15-02-2006, 14:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
Exciting. When are you off, then??
[/quote]
Phil is going on March 5th - I'm going to stay here until July 5th (after Karl's exams and 18th birthday)
We'll be going over via Florida as it doesn't like like I can get there before then.

Ana
15-02-2006, 14:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dawn
Double congratulations Ana - what a busy and exciting year you have ahead - hope to catch up again in the summer[msnsmile2]
[/quote]
It looks as though we'll be out July 5th - 22nd - August not a great plan as it will be quite close to due date! What date are you going out?

Ana
15-02-2006, 14:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
[/quote]
We won't find that out until Phil gets over and speaks to his HR dept - but we totally expect to be footing the bill [msnscared]

Ana
15-02-2006, 14:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]
I think it's much easier if you apply for dual citizenship at the time of birth as then you can have both passports and can just show the appropriate one when leaving /entering the respective countries. You also have to report all your Worldwide income to the IRS even if you dont live there any more. Could be a double edged sword?

[/quote]

Not sure how easy it will be to apply for Dual Citizenship - something else to look into I guess

dawn
15-02-2006, 17:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ana
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dawn
[/quote]
It looks as though we'll be out July 5th - 22nd - August not a great plan as it will be quite close to due date! What date are you going out?
[/quote]
July 29-Sep 2 this year - Alan will be there for the first 2 weeks, I'll be on my own with the kids the middle week, and my sister joins me for the last 2 weeks[msnsmile2]

steph_goodrum
16-02-2006, 15:53
Ana
Have you checked the airlines to see how late you can fly as well? If it's mid Sept the baby is due I'm not sure they will let you fly as late as end of August, and obviously it will depend on your medical status etc. If your blood pressure is high for example the doctor may not want to certify you fit to fly etc.

I hadn't realised your hubby was being sponsored by a company in which case, as you say hopefully they will pay the insurance necessary.

steph_goodrum
16-02-2006, 15:56
Re the dual nationality, the US automatically deems you to be a US national if you are born in the US but I think you have to declare somewhere when you register the birth that you want dual nationality from what I've heard (I'm making another assumption that you and hubby are British and the baby would normally be entitled to British passport).

chrizzy100
16-02-2006, 17:43
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ana
We have been finally approved for our H-1B Visa after our interview on Friday [clap][clap][clap][clap]

[/quote]

You have to have an interview now...???

Congrats...[msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
16-02-2006, 17:56
If your husband is working for a company...baby birth cost could be covered...in my husbands place you are covered from day one for everything....in my daughters...its after 3 months for a birth....it the place she worked before that it was 6 months before costs were covered...

There are a lot of sites that can give you good info about what happens when you have a baby born in the USA.....my grandson has an American mother...and English father so I have no idea if the info I was given would be the same for you....

Have you looked into traveling so near the birth....or having the baby in England and then coming over...

esprit
16-02-2006, 19:04
Can you fly so late on in your pregnancy?? I make July 7 months.

chrizzy100
16-02-2006, 20:24
I think its 30 days on most airlines...but you would have to check...if you have high BP etc...a lot will not carry you...you need a doctors note...and a check up at the airport in some cases...

My friend was given the OK to fly but got a blood clot...so you have to really look into it....she was very sick in hospital for 6 weeks and had to have her baby early...

Ana
16-02-2006, 23:29
My husband will have a company health policy - but we don't want to start asking now! Thought we'd wait until he gets there in 2 weeks.

You can fly up to 36 weeks with Dr's note on certain airlines - but my last son was 3 weeks early so the midwife has said they'd probably only give me permission up to 33 weeks.

Internal flights once I get over are much more lenient and many are happy to carry you much closer to your due date.

Just have to keep fingers crossed for health issues - my blood pressure has always been low rather than high during pregnancy (but I guess I have to remember I'm older this time!!) I must admit the DVT thing is a big concern.

We've talked about me staying here and having the baby - but decided that ultimately we'd rather do it over in the USA.