PDA

View Full Version : Larger portions

steph_goodrum
21-02-2002, 12:20
When you are eating out (especially with smaller children) then don't forget the portions are often quite large and, unless it's an all-you-can-eat buffet, if you ask they are usually quite happy to let you share a portion. You can always order more if you're still hungry, and it's better than wasting a couple of half eaten portions.

steph

Edited by - steph_goodrum on 21/02/2002 08:35:53

imported_n/a
21-02-2002, 18:26
Fridays have great portions - my daughter and I always share a meal - and Mom only ever has a starter as this is more than enough. Their club sandwiches with fries are more than just a snack. They didn't seem to mind us sharing the main course or the Missippi Mud Pie!!!

ian
21-02-2002, 22:21
Any time you are eating out and can't finish your meal always ask for a 'box-out'. Its an accepted fact in the States that you've paid for the food and so its yours - either eat it or take what's left home with you - 2 meals for the price of 1 !!
Another advantage to staying in a vacation rental home rather than a hotel room - full cooking facilities, microwaves and proper size fridges and freezer are standard items in a home.
ian

carole7007
21-02-2002, 22:23
Bennigans don't seem to mind you sharing either, the rack of baby back ribs are gorgeous but too much for one !

They also do a huge salad, complete with all the trimmings.

We ordered one rib meal, one salad and garlic bread between 2 Adults 3 kids.

Carole & Keith

semerton
25-02-2002, 02:25
I do not know any where in the states who will not be happy for you to take your left overs home they will even ask you do you want a box
even if you only use it as a snack it helps with the cost
Sylvia

esprit
27-02-2002, 02:14
We are ususally so full after the enormous main courses, that we share a pud between three of us.It is just enough to give each a taste and make you feel like you have ended the meal with something sweet without stuffing yourself. If you jest about the English having smaller appetites, they will gladly bring you three spoons.

Julie Carty