PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Gatwick

burbs
11-02-2006, 20:36
Hi

Im going to Florida in August for 2 weeks. I have been looking around at a few parking sites so as we are able to park at or near Gatwick airport. The prices are coming back at about £100, is this about right? Anybosy got any good sites?

Thanks in advance

CERICROWLEY
11-02-2006, 20:41
I think you will find purple parking amongst the cheapest, they are further out than most parking, and provide a shuttle service, they usually only operate in the summer months.

Lesley and John
11-02-2006, 21:21
We normally use APH they are normally pretty good value. They are offsite from Gatwick. The coach ride to Gatwick is about 20 mins if I remember correctly.
John

burbs
11-02-2006, 22:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lesley and John
We normally use APH they are normally pretty good value. They are offsite from Gatwick. The coach ride to Gatwick is about 20 mins if I remember correctly.
John
[/quote]

Thanks, this is the company that have quoted us £100. Thought they seemed the best option.

Budboy
11-02-2006, 23:23
Try BAA website, I booked a "summer special" at £33.30 for 8 days and that was on-airport.

Just tried a fictional 15 days in August to get you an idea and it came up with £80.20 on-airport for south terminal or £52.30 off site searching under north terminal.

Genie
11-02-2006, 23:53
We always stay at Staith House a lovely little B&B 5 minutes away from the south terminal , we have a room for the night they take you to the airport the next morning and car is sfe for the time we are away. All for about £75.

SG
12-02-2006, 01:31
I used Purple Parking recently and managed to get a very good deal by using my Tesco clubcard vouchers. I had to submit £20 worth of vouchers and got £80 worth of parking. This was for two weeks parking.

dcnurse
12-02-2006, 02:44
We have always used Courtlands. Although they advertise as off airport they are on the perimeter fence and therefore only a few minutes from the terminal.

burbs
12-02-2006, 03:45
Thank you all for the advice, all of it brilliant. I actually found the Purple Parking website earlier this afternoon whilst i was just mooching around the internet. I have applied to change my clubcard vouchers into clubcard deals and it looks as if i will be getting parking through them.

I was a bit weary about using them as i hadnt seen much information about them on the net but as SG has used them in the past it looks as if they are the best option.

philgrove
12-02-2006, 16:32
We had a good deal last year 3 weeks parking and 1 night b&b (the night before we flew) for £125 they took us to the airport in the morning we had alovely night sleep in our room was tv, shower, bath etc and a full size fridge with toaster, kettle, selection of cerals, bread, tea ,coffee, juice, milk ,crockery,everything you could think of. The room was lovely and the people so friendly.
After the holiday they were at the airport to pick us up and took us to our car.
We will use them again. DM me if anyone would like the details.
Also in the past we have stayed with bigger hotels offering 1 nights stay and parking for 2 weeks for around £85-£95 in August.

Karen.

GrahamC
12-02-2006, 17:14
We have friends near Gatwick who do something similar. DM me if you would like there website details.

chrisflowers
12-02-2006, 21:09
If you wish to stay overnight in Gatwick, you can get some deals which more than pay for the hotel accommodation - like the fly package at the Gatwick Hilton. There are also lots of small hotels and guest houses that do parking at a very reasonable price.

njstringer
18-02-2006, 15:41
We regularly use Tudor Rose Parking. They are offsite about 5 mins and are very good. DM if you want info.

thornton
18-02-2006, 20:01
When we went out recently stay in a B&B the night before, had a full english breakfast and transport to and from the airport and car parking all for £60. It was brilliant, the first time we had done this as being only an hour from the airport have always travelled up on the morning with an early start. Decided to do B&B because the weather had been so unpredictable, will certainly do it again. If anyone want details, DM me.

Jill

porky
25-02-2006, 17:26
If any of you are members of the AA you can park cheaper at APH. Have used them before, also Tudor Rose and I actually found the long stay car park at the airport was cheaper thsn anywhere else when we went in December. So it pays to shop around. Will be using APH (with AA discount) THIS TRIP AS ONLY £166 for 57 days as opposed to over £250 quoted by the rest.

Jacqui

berni_richards
26-02-2006, 12:54
hi if you book more than 30 days in advance you can pay around 30 - 40 pounds. I did look at Gatwick airport parking we paid 36 pounds but we are going in March I suspect August will have slightly higher prices.

here is the link (i hope this is allowed?)

http://www.airparks.co.uk/gatwick-airport/gatwick-airport-parking.html?adcode=EQ-APS-G-PARKING-LGW&agent=WW276

berni

Ray&Sarah
26-02-2006, 16:43
We use purple parking, the chaffeur service, where they pick up your car from you at the airport and then when you arrive back you call them and they bring it back. We just ring as soon as we are off the plane and they are usually arriving with the car just as we get out of the airport having been through immigration etc. its been great so far.[msnsmile2]

bargainqueen
26-02-2006, 21:22
I booked yesterday with Park and Go, same service as described above, at Gatwick. Just logged on to purple parking and they were over £10 dearer without any discount.

We have used this service for three years now and it is definately worth the extra £'s if you are like me and come home loaded with goodies. The person who delivers the car always offers to help us load the car but I'm the only one who can load a qt into a pint pot.

We used to go by taxi but know matter how many times I told them that I would be coming back with much more luggage they would still turn up with a saloon car when I had ordered an estate. It's the husbands golf clubs that does it if only he would leave them at home then I could get the 4 jumbo bags in quite easily[msnwink]