PDA

View Full Version : E-tickets for flights??

Maureen 033
11-02-2006, 02:07
We are flying with US Airways (in the morning!!!) and have been assured that all we need to check in in an e-ticket. This doesn't seem right to me. If anyone has any info i would greatly appreciate it and will be able to sleep peacefully tonight! Also no luggage lables either. (Talk about leaving it till the last minute!!)

ellie
11-02-2006, 02:14
Don't worry, Maureen, it is quite normal now. Have you got your e-tickets? If so you should find no problems in the morning. It will all be on the computer when you get there. We flew with US in December and it was very efficient. Most airlines no longer issue labels prior to your flight, but they can be found at the check in desks.I always do labels for each piece of luggage, despite being assured that all we need are the computerised bar codes which they stick on. We also put in our name, telephone number and flight details in each suitcase, just in case. [msnwink]

Now go and have a good night's rest, am sure all will be well in the morning!

Have a lovely time in Orlando![msncool][8D]

trevlad
11-02-2006, 02:21
mo dont worry you dont even need your piece of paper that says' i'm an e ticket. present youself at check, say hi, mo here. give the nice lady your passport and your holiday will begin!![msnsmile2]

ive flown down to london several times in the last couple of years and it was daunting the first time. i always take a computer print of the ticket just in case, but now i dont even show it . flew to new york in november exactly the same. its weird , but thats the way it is now.

have a great time and if you are in typhoon lagoon next tuesday week, see you there on the lazy river. we go next friday!

have fun[msnwink]

Maureen 033
11-02-2006, 02:22
Thanks Ellie! Panic over, will now hit the land of nod for a few hours before the fun begins!

Maureen 033
11-02-2006, 02:25
Might see ya next week Trev. The weather looks lousy. Need umbrellas!!!!

trevlad
11-02-2006, 02:31
dont forget the free beer at budweiser hospitatlity behind shamu stadium in sea world. its the only reason i go![msnsmile2]

GrahamC
11-02-2006, 02:48
Same here, it's one of the Sea World high lights for me.

stuart
11-02-2006, 03:13
Don't forget to take the credit card with you that you purchased the flights with. I know Virgin make that request.

Have a safe journey and a wonderful holiday[msnsmile2]

Kim

Kazzie
11-02-2006, 03:15
I go next Friday too so may see you there Trev![msnwink]

Karen

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by trevlad
mo dont worry you dont even need your piece of paper that says' i'm an e ticket. present youself at check, say hi, mo here. give the nice lady your passport and your holiday will begin!![msnsmile2]

ive flown down to london several times in the last couple of years and it was daunting the first time. i always take a computer print of the ticket just in case, but now i dont even show it . flew to new york in november exactly the same. its weird , but thats the way it is now.

have a great time and if you are in typhoon lagoon next tuesday week, see you there on the lazy river. we go next friday!

have fun[msnwink]
[/quote]

wrpac00
11-02-2006, 15:21
Haven't had a 'real' ticket for ages. I suppose it saves them quite a lot of money not only the tickets but the postage.

Arby
13-02-2006, 18:51
We always have e-tickets. We have one as I write.

chrisflowers
13-02-2006, 19:18
E-tickets are standard, and now online check-in is almost becoming a standard, even for International Flights

Macka
13-02-2006, 19:30
I miss getting my flight tickets.[msnsad]

davepat
14-02-2006, 21:57
We even did the self service check in last time we were in the US and taking a domestic flight. A nice United Airlines lady held our hands whilst we followed the on screen instructions but will have no qualms if we had to do it again. Got our boarding cards printed out and everything. [clap]

14-02-2006, 22:27
Hubby flew BA last week so I checked him in online and printed his boarding cards off at home [msnwink]