PDA

View Full Version : US Airways flights

Mick-H
09-02-2006, 12:57
We fly out with US Airways in March, reports in the past have not been the best, be interesting to know how you rated recent flights with them?

becbecs
09-02-2006, 13:34
Hi Mick

Have used US Airways twice in the past and had know problems at all. Our flights were not direct as we had a connection flight via Philadelphia. But everything was sound. Food up to normal airline standards, Cabin crew excellent.

Wouldn't hesitate to use them in the future even if its just to try and keep the Flight costs down.

pieman790
09-02-2006, 13:38
We flew with them 18 month ago and would use them again. The food was average but the service we got from the staff was first class. They have one of the best entertainments systems i have come across as its real time. You can choose what you want to watch when you want to watch it and can pause it.

dawn burley
09-02-2006, 15:31
These positive comments are nice to hear as we fly out using US Air on Saturday for the first time......just having a break from packing to check the forum[msnwink]

09-02-2006, 16:27
I have not flown with US Airways but have always heard very positive things about them.

A friend used them at Christmas Manchester - Orlando via Phili and said they were fab and they got upgraded to First![clap][clap]

normajohnp
09-02-2006, 17:19
Flew with these for the first time in December last year via Philly. They were really good. The only thing that I am a bit unsure of, is they do not have baby lap seat belts.Every other airline we have flown with has a seatbelt for infants that you slip on to your own and US do not have these and we were told not to put the seat belt around ourselves then the little one. The air steward seemed a bit fazed when I asked for a lap belt on the trip home and just said they did not use them as they were not too good. We had used his carseat from Manchester to Philly but he was really grummpy and he will not sleep in his carseat so from Philly to Orlando we went back to him being on my knee for take off. In saying that they were really good and very helpfull when he decided to vomit his bottle all over our seats. Would use them again with no qualms just going to have to get little one used to sleeping in his carseat!!

Julie any other Airlines you know of who do not use the child lap belt?

Oh and THE BEST CUP OF TEA I have had on any flight, plus the stewardeses were quite happy to make a one for anyone throughout the flight.

Norma.

dawn burley
09-02-2006, 17:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
I have not flown with US Airways but have always heard very positive things about them.

A friend used them at Christmas Manchester - Orlando via Phili and said they were fab and they got upgraded to First![clap][clap]
[/quote]

Unfortunately I don't think that will happen to me as my husband and I will have our three children with us! Although they have all flown so many times now they are really good travellers....maybe if we were offered just one upgrade I could go, and my husband could look after the children in the back [msnsmile2] [msnwink]

Nearly finished my packing now. It takes me quite a while as I always share things out amoungst the cases just in case one goes missing, that way we will still all have something to wear. Does anyone else do this or is it just me??

E. Cosgrove
09-02-2006, 21:04
Great entertainment system as well as you can pause it and rewind it.......no need to wait until the end of the film before you go to the loo[msnwink]

becbecs
09-02-2006, 21:09
What I also like is the inflight video of your Arrival Airport (ie in our case Philadelphia). Great source of knowledge to know where you need to head for for your connection flight. Nice one US Airways

pepsi
10-02-2006, 00:19
We have flown with US Airways through Charlotte. No complaints at all. We are flying with them in the summer to South Carolina.

10-02-2006, 01:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by normajohnp

Julie any other Airlines you know of who do not use the child lap belt?

Norma.
[/quote]

The FAA and most US owned airlines have never made the use of lap belts (extension seats belts) compulsory for under 2's, dispite many campaigns in the passed to do so. Now they promote the use of government approved car seats, which is great but that means buying a seat (unless they are spare seats).

My advice Norma is not matter how unhappy he is DO NOT have him on your lap for take off or landing or anytime the seat belt signs are on - I won't go into more detail as I may get accused of scare mongering, but its better for him to be a little upset than to be in any danger no matter how remote[msnsmile]

pieman790
10-02-2006, 13:28
We alway take our Britax Excel car seat on board the plane with us. It is approoved by most of the airlines however in all the times we have used it we have never been ask to produce a label or badge to prove it is an approved seat.
We do know that it fits into both Boeing and Airbus planes. Our daughter who is three is more than happy to sit in it and our son who is nearly 7 used it before her

Parrothead
17-02-2006, 16:35
We flew with US in December. Flight out to Philadelphia was a little uncomfortable. I am not large, 5ft 5" & 12 stone. I could hardly get my bum in the seat ! Husband 6ft 6", had a similar problem. Flight from Philly to Orlando, great. Wider, more comfy seats. Great crew on both flights.
Return journey in January, superb. The ground crew in Orlando could not access the computer in Charlotte to check us in through to to Gatport Airwick. We had an hour to get from one gate to second at the furthest end of the airport.
Got to desk, hubbyy smiled sweetly and asked if there was any chance of a bit more leg room? The lady on the desk loeaned over, looked him up and down, winked at me, and said I will see waht I can do.
Bless her, when I looked at the boarding card.........FIRST CLASS [clap] Row 1 just behind the pilot!!! We had beds, fantastic.
Second time we have flown with them and will be using them again. [msnsmile]

Sue and Jere
17-02-2006, 17:47
We had a great flight with them in October 2004. The entertainment system was great, was able to pop to the loo and not miss any of your movie [laugh][laugh]