PDA

View Full Version : American Airlines

Badger
06-02-2006, 16:03
Can someone advise me if American Airlines have discontinued their 'more room throughout coach' policy. Require to fly from London to San Diego, can find no information on their website and for some reason their email facility will not accept our fax number so I cannot send. This is the only reason we ever fly AA so if they no longer offer it then there's no longer any reason to fly with them..
Have tried a search on here but could find nothing relevant.
Thanks

blott
06-02-2006, 16:14
This might help. http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_18654.asp

We flew with them in December 2005/January 2006 and it didn't look as if the seats were cramped for leg room so I don't know if it applies to all their planes or not.

pieman790
06-02-2006, 16:58
I was under the impression that they had done away with the more room in coach, some time last year. I think that some planes have more room than others however we have flown AA a number of times and never had any problems with leg room.

Robert5988
06-02-2006, 19:08
Like you the reason I started flying with AA was for the extra legroom.

This was also covered in this thread:

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_27005.asp

I posted the following in that thread:

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:As Katy's Grandad states their More Room Throughout Coach was dropped because it was a commercial failure.

We all bleat about lack of legroom in cattle class and yet a brilliant initiative(to my mind) giving more leg-room than any of the major carriers did not attract sufficient custom.

There has been conjecture that there is another reason why all airlines(including AA) do not offer more legroom in coach.

It is well documented that the major profits for an airline come from those(mainly businessmen) travelling ‘up front’ in the First/Business class seats(where fares are several times higher)

The incentive for the majority of those who travel ‘up front’ is the extra legroom rather than the better meals and champagne. (look how many are prepared to pay £hundreds more to travel in the BA/Virgin cabins that offer a few inches more legroom but not better service)

The theory is that if you give a lot more legroom in coach, all you will achieve is to get potential First/Business class passengers to ‘downgrade’ to coach.
[/quote]

However their seat pitch is still equal or better in many cases than BA & Virgin according to seatguru.