PDA

View Full Version : Sanford Check In??

julieanne
06-02-2006, 00:20
When we used Sanford airport last year we checked in as early as possible for our return flight so we could make the most of our last day.

I've heard that Sanford have changed their policy and that they now have staggered check-in times dependant on the time of your flight home - meaning that anyone not flying until 18.00 wouldn't be able to check their luggage in at lunchtime, but would have to wait until mid-afternoon - anyone know if this is right?????

LiesaAnna
06-02-2006, 01:46
i didnt like sanford airport, didnt notice it to much on landing/arrival as some of you will remember i was very ill and taken off in an ambulance but it seemed like an utter shambles on the return part of the journey, couldnt hear what was being said on the tannoys, and then everyone rushing all over in a small area, didnt enjoy that one little bit!!!

julieanne
06-02-2006, 13:07
We were lucky at Sanford last year - we were the only international flight using the airport on the day we flew home. But I can imagine it's not much fun in the depature lounge when there are several flights leaving close together.

Was wondering if that's why the check in procedure has changed - if it has - anyone out there know???

Robert5988
06-02-2006, 19:17
Every time I have been to Sanford, mainly to pick up friends/family, it has been chaos; the place being completely full both incoming and outgoing.

The ghastly facilities there make many 'Third World' airfields seem positively luxurious.

stabard
06-02-2006, 19:42
THe best thing about Sanford is the Guest House. We would have been stuffed when were last flew from there as the flight was delayed 6 hours (Air Atlanta - don't get me going [msnmad]). At least with the guest house we had coffee, films and internet to pass the time.

julieanne
06-02-2006, 19:44
How do you book the Guest House Jan?

stabard
06-02-2006, 20:44
WE have never actually booked in advance Julie, just paid when we got there. I know TCD do allow booking by prior arangement so would guess that other operaters do too.

stabard
06-02-2006, 20:47
Just found this in the Orlando Villas Guide

Ring Sanford Airport direct on 001-407-585-4000 & ask for the Guest Services reception desk. Make sure you know your flight number beforehand & have your credit card available.

ujpest doza
06-02-2006, 21:13
I think Sanford is great.

In and out in no time and you can't get lost when you're going home either.

Its nice and simple and the staff (including the immigration staff) are very friendly.

julieanne
07-02-2006, 14:05
Used Sanford for the first time about 8 years ago, arrival went smoothly - possibly because we were delayed and didn't land until after midnight.
Return was not so good - nowhere to sit, the depature areas was extremley busy and no chance of food or drink unless you were prepared to wait 30-40 mins to be served.
Didn't use Sanford again until last year when we got really lucky and were the only international flight departing - food and service were still awful though but at least there was plenty of space [msnwink]

If I were to use Sanford again I would think of using the Guest House, I'd be interested to hear others opinions of it.

Thanks Jan for the info :)

ali and boyz
10-02-2006, 17:23
We flew out of Sandford last year and there was an allocated time we were given on when we could check in. It was 3 hrs before departure and even then we had to wait until they announced the Glasgow flight before we could then check - in. by that time they had all formed their own queue [msnembarrased] why is it us british like to queue when there is now queue [msnsmile2]

having said that with a DS in wheelchair Sanford for us is far easier than Orlando and the staff there couldn't have been more helpful or nice

stabard
10-02-2006, 18:33
When we used the guest house last year you had a voucher given to you which allowed 2 drinks at the bar per person. Tea and Coffee were free and as much as you like. same for crisps and peanut type snacks.
There were 2 films being shown ( we saw I Robot - can't remember the other one)
There is a kids area with playstation games etc, a small beby area with soft play and a rank of interent terminals free to use. Also a stack of magazines to read.

The Guest house certainly gets the thumbs up from us
[clap]

trevlad
10-02-2006, 18:58
know what you mean bout the cramped area , but again apart from the extra miles to get there, we liked sandford. when we got those £99 flight in 2004 we upgraded to gold and literally 5 mins after getting of the plane were driving out in our hire car - excellent

linsan
11-02-2006, 03:27
We've flown into and out of Sanford on a number of occasions and when it's busy we make a bee-line for the guest house. As it happens the last time we flew out we were the only international flight so didn't bother. However, the price of beer at the ordinary bar would almost have justified paying for the guest house!![msnwink]

Kazzie
11-02-2006, 04:05
We have never had a problem with Sanford. We have used them every time bar one. I guess we have been lucky. Hope our luck doesnt change for next Friday [msneek]

Karen