PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Inn Manchester Airport

mizzy
05-02-2006, 21:47
Hi
we stayed at the moat house at manchester airport last march as part of a fly and park package
i have received a brochure from holiday inn saying they have rebranded this moat house into a new and refurbished holiday inn

when we stayed it was a little grubby and was definately in need of some refurbishment, has anyone stayed here recently and can you tell me if the work has been completed

they are quoting £89 for a family of four with 15 days parking and breakfast which i think is extremely good value

thanks Mizzy

pieman790
05-02-2006, 22:24
The Holiday Inn changed hands some time ago and is now called Bewleys. Holiday Inn took over the old post house hotel and is now callled the Crown Plaza.
Bewleys offer room for the night which sleeps up to 4 and 15 days parking for £90, but not sure on the price for the Crown Plaza.
We always stay at Bewleys it has been done up and extended.

normajohnp
05-02-2006, 22:50
We have just paid £48.00 for 15 nights parking so £41.00 for the room does seem like good value. Must admit if hubby could have gotten the night of work I would have took my chances and booked in for night.Im dreading the early morning drive down.

Norma.

05-02-2006, 23:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy
Hi
we stayed at the moat house at manchester airport last march as part of a fly and park package
i have received a brochure from holiday inn saying they have rebranded this moat house into a new and refurbished holiday inn

when we stayed it was a little grubby and was definately in need of some refurbishment, has anyone stayed here recently and can you tell me if the work has been completed

they are quoting £89 for a family of four with 15 days parking and breakfast which i think is extremely good value

thanks Mizzy

[/quote]

I am on Manchester Airports doorstep and the old Moat House is now a Holiday Inn, I will DM you later Mizzy

pieman790 Mizzy does not mean the old Holiday Inn[msnwink]

pieman790
05-02-2006, 23:05
Where is the Moat house/holiday Inn in relation to Manchester airport? I thought there was only Bewleys, Raddison SAS, Hilton and the Crown Plaza at the airport. We have used the Raddison SAS before but they only allow 3 people per room now for fire safety and we are a party of 4. This is a great hotel especially the Breakfast they serve.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2

[/quote]

I am on Manchester Airports doorstep and the old Moat House is now a Holiday Inn, I will DM you later Mizzy

[/quote]

Susan J
06-02-2006, 00:12
Aah -so it is worth going to the Radisson for Breakfast instead of in the airport?

06-02-2006, 00:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pieman790
Where is the Moat house/holiday Inn in relation to Manchester airport? I thought there was only Bewleys, Raddison SAS, Hilton and the Crown Plaza at the airport. We have used the Raddison SAS before but they only allow 3 people per room now for fire safety and we are a party of 4. This is a great hotel especially the Breakfast they serve.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Its round the other side of the airport to all the other hotels, passed the aviation viewing partk, under the two runway tunnels and you will find it on the left and side.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Mach 2/200625201424_AAB117101.jpg
Altrincham Rd Wilmslow

There is also a brand new Travelodge Hotel at Junction 6 on the M56 opposite the Marriott[msnwink]

mizzy
06-02-2006, 00:54
thanks Julie

we stayed last march and it cost £115 for the same deal exc breakfast there was a taxi transfer to the airport and they were very quick at collecting us on our return

however the kids were in the most dilapitated set of bunk beds that i have ever seen and everytime my son turned over i thought they were going to collapse[msneek]

i received a rather glossy brochure on weekend breaks with the now new holiday inn manchester airport (which was the moat house)and it says that that this is one of the hotels that has been part of a mulit million pound refurbishment then in very small print it says *refurbishments vary from hotel to hotel

the good thing about this hotel is the pool, it was fantastic as we could tire the kids out in the pool, feed them and they are ready for beddie byes - unfortunately the bunk bed kept us all awake

do you know if any of the other airport hotel have a pool? then we could perhaps consider them as an alternative

thanks Mizzy

06-02-2006, 01:01
thanks Julie

we stayed last march and it cost £115 for the same deal exc breakfast there was a taxi transfer to the airport and they were very quick at collecting us on our return

however the kids were in the most dilapitated set of bunk beds that i have ever seen and everytime my son turned over i thought they were going to collapse[msneek]

i received a rather glossy brochure on weekend breaks with the now new holiday inn manchester airport (which was the moat house)and it says that that this is one of the hotels that has been part of a mulit million pound refurbishment then in very small print it says *refurbishments vary from hotel to hotel

the good thing about this hotel is the pool, it was fantastic as we could tire the kids out in the pool, feed them and they are ready for beddie byes - unfortunately the bunk bed kept us all awake

do you know if any of the other airport hotel have a pool? then we could perhaps consider them as an alternative

thanks Mizzy
[/quote]

Yes the Marriott has a really lovely pool

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Mach 2/20062521027_manap_phototour04.jpg

its a really nice hotel too have a look here

[website link edited]

[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

mizzy
06-02-2006, 01:16
Julie
i've just had a quick look online and it looks lovely, though it seems like we are looking at a family room with two double beds and as my daughter can't bear anyone touching her we are going to have to see if they do an alternative to this
i've got plenty of time so i may give them a ring

i have just done a quick online check for the 4 of us 15 days parking and breakfast in room £130 so not bad at all[msnsmile]

Mizzy

06-02-2006, 01:20
Good luck Mizzy!!!

bmitch
06-02-2006, 21:56
Can you walk to the new travelodge from the airport or is it a taxi ride? Any directions would be appreciated.
Thanks

There is also a brand new Travelodge Hotel at Junction 6 on the M56 opposite the Marriott[msnwink]
[/quote]

07-02-2006, 00:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bmitch
Can you walk to the new travelodge from the airport or is it a taxi ride? Any directions would be appreciated.
Thanks

[/quote]
[/quote]

Its difficult to explain but its a two min car/taxi ride from Terminal 2 via the perimeter road (Rungar Lane), on the airport side of the M56, the Marriott is on the other side of the M56.

Travelodge Manchester Airport Hotel
Runger Lane, Manchester Airport
Manchester WA15 8XW

Tel: 0870 191 1680
Fax: 0161 903 8971

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Mach 2/20062620426_manchester_airport_s0232.gif

Hope this helps[msnwink]

mizzy
25-02-2006, 19:14
[quote]Originally posted by pieman790
Where is the Moat house/holiday Inn in relation to Manchester airport? I thought there was only Bewleys, Raddison SAS, Hilton and the Crown Plaza at the airport. We have used the Raddison SAS before but they only allow 3 people per room now for fire safety and we are a party of 4. This is a great hotel especially the Breakfast they serve.[quote]

Pieman

Raddison now offer family suites consisting of two interconnecting rooms it is not cheap at £155 for a family suite(4people)
or £199 including 15 days parking

you also get 1000 flying club miles per night booked[msnwink]

Mizzy

25-02-2006, 21:59
The Travelodge also sleeps 4 but max adults is 3, so if you are 2 adults and 2 children that's a cheap nights stay[msnwink]