PDA

View Full Version : DTD Check in

ujpest doza
02-02-2006, 14:23
How exactly does this work?
Where exactly do you go at DTD to check in and what time can you do so?

Do you hand your suitcases over there and then and get a boarding card or do you still have to take your luggage with you to check in?

What would you do with a car seat?

julieanne
02-02-2006, 14:27
The DTD check in is near the Cirque de Soliel.
You take your cases (and tickets, passports etc) there - they weigh them, check them in, take them to the airport in large trucks, and give you your boarding card.
This costs $5 per passenger.
Think the opening times are 8.00am to midday??

I'm afraid I can't help with the car seat

02-02-2006, 14:48
As Julie says you can't miss it its outside on the car park side of Cirque, think its open till 1pm??

Its free to Virgin Holidays passengers, they load all the bags onto lorries and take them to airport!

They tag car seat and you hand it in at the gate when boarding.

Great facility[clap]

ujpest doza
02-02-2006, 15:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
As Julie says you can't miss it its outside on the car park side of Cirque, think its open till 1pm??

Its free to Virgin Holidays passengers, they load all the bags onto lorries and take them to airport!

Great facility[clap]
[/quote]

If i was on a Virgin Holidays FlyDrive it would therefore be free then?

Would i just ask for a tag for the car seat or would i have to show them it?
What do i then do with the car seat at the airport? Do i just hang on to until boarding or do i hand it in somewhere first? (Bearing in mind it is bulky and heavy).

I take it i can also arrive at the airport only 1 hour before departure as well?

02-02-2006, 15:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2

Great facility[clap]
[/quote]

If i was on a Virgin Holidays FlyDrive it would therefore be free then?

Would i just ask for a tag for the car seat or would i have to show them it?
What do i then do with the car seat at the airport? Do i just hang on to until boarding or do i hand it in somewhere first? (Bearing in mind it is bulky and heavy).

I take it i can also arrive at the airport only 1 hour before departure as well?

[/quote]

Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes[msnwink]

Yes free on Virgin hols.

Show the car seat but tell them you want to keep it with you, when you get to the airport just take it to gate, I know they are heavy but you can use a trolley except on the monorail[msnwink]

Yes you can arrive 1 hour before but personally I would allow a little extra time as security now takes longer[msnwink]

Madabouttigger
02-02-2006, 21:28
Last time we used this we found the airport to be very very busy at passport control, it took us 1 hour 30 mins to get through so perhaps a good idea to arrive a little early.

sunseeker
02-02-2006, 23:37
you dont take the car seat to the gate,we asked a virgin rep at the check in desks where to take it and she took us to another desk further down the hall and somebody just takes it from you. i think its where all the heavy cases are taken, very easy.cant remember what the desk is called sorry.

Dave

03-02-2006, 01:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sunseeker
you dont take the car seat to the gate,we asked a virgin rep at the check in desks where to take it and she took us to another desk further down the hall and somebody just takes it from you. i think its where all the heavy cases are taken, very easy.cant remember what the desk is called sorry.

Dave
[/quote]

Odd Sized Baggage desk[msnwink]