PDA

View Full Version : Sleigh bells ring.....

brizzle
02-02-2006, 01:47
Has anyone stayed in a Disney hotel over Christmas?

We're actually doing the whole hog this year, 16th Dec to Jan 2nd which encompasses, daughters birthday, our weding anniversary, Chrimbo and New Year :):) and will book a villa for most of our stay but we're going to stay on resort over 'actual' Christmas.

Just wondered what kind of experience people have had and if it was worth it.
Good news is that if you check in on 19th December even if the stay is over Christmas you get the value season prices [8D]

Brizzle

chrizzy100
02-02-2006, 02:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brizzle
Has anyone stayed in a Disney hotel over Christmas?

We're actually doing the whole hog this year, 16th Dec to Jan 2nd which encompasses, daughters birthday, our weding anniversary, Chrimbo and New Year :):) and will book a villa for most of our stay but we're going to stay on resort over 'actual' Christmas.

Just wondered what kind of experience people have had and if it was worth it.
Good news is that if you check in on 19th December even if the stay is over Christmas you get the value season prices [8D]

Brizzle
[/quote]

We've stayed over the Christmas..a long time ago now..I found it more laid back than normal...no feeling of having to do so much in the one day....I'd be more than happy to do it again and again...[msnsmile2]
We left the kids behind in the hotel and went to downtown disney on the boat...the kids were 11 and 17 at the time......I just love the Disney Resort thing...

brizzle
02-02-2006, 11:59
We said we'd go away this year after having a hectic few days last Christmas. I find it's just not a relaxing time when it should be.

I know the hotel option has it's downside's against a villa but there are also many upside's that we felt would be nice over the Christmas period.
We did think about having a nice relaxing Christmas Day by the pool, maybe overlooking a lake, in a villa but the Disney lure is too much...:)
Accomodation isn't booked yet so maybe we'll see..

As it is then we're looking at moving into a villa Boxing Day which may be tricky as owners may be looking at a booking over Christmas but we'll see what we can get.

Brizzle.
'Wishing the year away'

CarolAnn
02-02-2006, 17:27
Hi Brizzle, though we have not stayed in Disney over the xmas period, I must say that overall, you can BIG up the idea of staying at Disney to something a little more than it actually is, especially for the money it costs [msneek] That said, I did love it, but I thought I may feel like I had something more special staying on site than I really did! Nice long trip planned though, very jealous!!:)

brizzle
02-02-2006, 18:51
Well the price we have been quoted for 10 days, albeit in a value hotel, is about the same as a villa for 7 days so the price isn't too bad especially with the extra's we'll get such as extra magic hours for being on site.

This doesn't include an Annual Pass rate which will be added when/if they are released.

We've stayed in a few Disney hotels and enjoyed them, especially the kids. Although the kids did prefer Pop Century to Animal Kingdom Lodge!!! You can probably guess which one we preferred :)

Brizzle.

ravtino
19-02-2006, 00:06
Hi we stayed at Port Orleans for 5 days before Xmas and the 2 weeks before was lovely and quite, but as we were leaving on the 17 the hotel was packed!!! but before that we had nealy a whole block to ourselves as it was so quite, it was a great place to stay with the car as we could nip off to eat at LBV and around there, I do like this hotel though[msnsmile2]