PDA

View Full Version : To buy at the gates or in the UK?

cheryl111
31-01-2006, 16:10
HI we are off to Florida in March and was wondering whether best to buy in Orlando at the theme park gates or over here. We have 4 children so it is working out quite costly when the tickets are priced up over here. We are thinking that it might be cheaper to buy with dollars than pounds. Does anyone have any advice for us? Thankyou Cheryl

wrpac00
31-01-2006, 16:15
The link to park tickets above offers a very good exchange rate (better than you can get on the high street). You could take a chance and wait to see if the exchange rate improves but it would still be cheaper buying them from this site.

pieman790
31-01-2006, 16:32
When were there at christmas the queues were very long to get day tickets.
We buy all of out tickets from above link as they cheap and it means you dont have to queue.

andrewandcarole
31-01-2006, 16:49
Yes - the queues can be very long (and slow!) at busy times - and there is nothing more frustrating than a long wait just to get inside a Park.

Carole

thornton
31-01-2006, 17:06
I would definitely buy from the site linked above.

Jill

Tonish
31-01-2006, 17:50
I checked last year and it was definitely cheaper to buy from this site than at the gate (or anywhere else that I could find, come to that). I suppose you could hang on in the hope that the exchange rate works in your favour, but it's a real gamble, you could end up worse off.

djdigitald
31-01-2006, 18:06
I have just bought my Disney tickets from the above link and will probably get any others when we get out there as we do not know where else we will be going yet.

solanasunshine
31-01-2006, 18:52
The cheapest tickets we have found anywhere are from the link above

Have a look for yourself on http://www.park-tickets.com/

pepsi
31-01-2006, 22:16
The dearest place for tickets is definately at the gate.

djdigitald
31-01-2006, 22:25
Mine have just turned up!!! Thanks to Martin and the Gang!!!

stabard
31-01-2006, 22:29
I would have to agree that it is better and cheaper to get the tickets from hte link above. I alwas do and I have had no problems at all. GReat Service.

CarolAnn
31-01-2006, 23:01
Apart from anything, you could be very disappointed standing in line, in the heat, waiting to get tickets, when hundreds will arrive and excitedly rush past you AND the kids and pass through the turn styles, and into the "Magic"[msneek]The kids will not exactly enjoy that anymore than you!! I would have no other answer for you , than buy from the link above, while you have time to decide exactly what you want to buy at an excellent price, and then you are all set from the minute you arrive in the Transportation cars from the carpark at the WDW park [8D]Whoa!! The excitement:DCheaper at the gate? I don't think so[msnoo]?

ALR
31-01-2006, 23:11
You are definately better off purchasing them before you get there.

ALR

millie
01-02-2006, 00:06
I would never purchase at the gate. Substantially more expensive than buying in the Uk no matter the exchange rate!

Lx

florida4sun
01-02-2006, 00:55
We sell in dollars....

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by cheryl111
HI we are off to Florida in March and was wondering whether best to buy in Orlando at the theme park gates or over here. We have 4 children so it is working out quite costly when the tickets are priced up over here. We are thinking that it might be cheaper to buy with dollars than pounds. Does anyone have any advice for us? Thankyou Cheryl
[/quote]

trevlad
01-02-2006, 15:20
if you can decide before you go then buy here before you go - wins every time

djdigitald
01-02-2006, 15:37
I bought a 3 day Disney with Hopper and Fun with no Expiration. When they arrived it seems Disney have upgraded their fun days on a 3day from 2 to 3 [clap] Quids In!!!

Madabouttigger
01-02-2006, 20:25
After doing lots of research I found this site to give the best deals, especially at the moment as the £ v $ is on the up again. It also saves time and you can get them all signed and photocopied before you get out there.

Diane.

trevlad
01-02-2006, 22:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Madabouttigger
After doing lots of research I found this site to give the best deals, especially at the moment as the £ v $ is on the up again. It also saves time and you can get them all signed and photocopied before you get out there.

Diane.
[/quote]

dianne re the photocopying, is that for proof in case lost??

florida4sun
01-02-2006, 22:33
yep

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by trevlad
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Madabouttigger

Diane.
[/quote]

dianne re the photocopying, is that for proof in case lost??
[/quote]

trevlad
01-02-2006, 22:50
martin,

will (disney or universal) they issue you a replacement then or is it more for insurance purposes to claim back at home??

Steviek
02-02-2006, 01:27
As a homeowner I thought would be able to get a better deal but believe me this site is way cheaper than anywhere else. Dont forget they include the sales tax in the price

Paula D-S
02-02-2006, 01:54
I always purchase tickets before I go.[msnsmile2]