PDA

View Full Version : Florida Mall services

Nostromo
24-06-2003, 20:13
I have managed to convince my wife that she can shop all day at the Florida Mall with her sister while we menfolk visit the Kennedy Space Center (I am not being sexist. The women do not want to visit KSC). What we want to know is, is there some sort of check-in system where goods bought in various shops can be secured while she goes to other shops? I will not be there to carry her bags behind her as usual and so unless I can convince her that there is an alternative, she will not agree to my plan!

KingKong
24-06-2003, 20:54
Sounds like a cunning plan:D

How is yer wife getting to the mall?By car? if so why not go to the car and lump the bags in car boot then chase back to shops for more goodies:)repeat over and over till car boot full.

If she is getting taxi to mall then i aint got a clue.[:o)]

chrizzy100
24-06-2003, 21:22
quote:Originally posted by Nostromo

I have managed to convince my wife that she can shop all day at the Florida Mall with her sister while we menfolk visit the Kennedy Space Center (I am not being sexist. The women do not want to visit KSC). What we want to know is, is there some sort of check-in system where goods bought in various shops can be secured while she goes to other shops? I will not be there to carry her bags behind her as usual and so unless I can convince her that there is an alternative, she will not agree to my plan!

There used to be many years ago.....you could pick up all your goods at the door.....so walk freely round the mall to spend spend spend.....:)....phone first and find out......
Also KSC is a great place....I would of hated missing it..we still go everytime....

Nostromo
24-06-2003, 21:28
[quote]Originally posted by KingKong

Sounds like a cunning plan:D

How is yer wife getting to the mall?

Yes and no. We will be renting a villa tp the Southwest of Orlando near Splendid China. The way I have figured it is as follows: On that day, all of us will take the US 192 and join the Highway 4 going north. We will take the exit beyond one for Beeline expressway (Sandy hook lane or something) and head due east. This goes directly past the Florida Mall where we will drop off the ladies and continue past the airport to join the Beeline further up and carry on to the KSC. I'll just retrace my steps on the way back. This does not take the car out of our way at all; in fact, we bypass at least one (maybe even two) toll booths.

caroline
24-06-2003, 21:34
Hi Nostromo - Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I just did a search on google and found the website for the Florida Mall, and they don't seem to offer this service:(

fiona
24-06-2003, 21:44
I don't recall ever noticing it, and we shop every time at the Florida Mall. Good news is there is plenty to do all day!! I normally lug everything around with me, only time it goes out to the car when Chris wants to nip off for a fag! He's so grumpy coming there we have now banned him, and we go while he is playing golf!

MTP
25-06-2003, 00:08
For heavier items you could always ask in the store if they would hold them for you till later, perhaps speak to the manager, if it looks like they may lose the sale then I am sure that they would accommodate you.

Best wishes,

Euan

Nostromo
25-06-2003, 00:22
Hey, thanks everybody but I got the answer! I rang the Mall management office who admitted that they had no locker facilities but directed me to the Adam's Mark hotel within the mall itself. Guest Relations there said they would be happy to provide the check-in service (for a 'small' fee for non-Hotel guests) all day. In fact, the girl I spoke to said 'we do it all the time'. Now I can put my plan into effect!

steph_goodrum
25-06-2003, 01:31
A word of advice though Nostrom, have a back up plan for if you get delayed coming back from Kennedy, it happened to us. My brother and husband dropped us at the Beltz and after some shopping we used the I-ride trolley to go to the Orlando Premium outlets, at around 6 0'clock (the shops were closing shortly after that night),we phoned the villa to see if they were home yet to pick us up and they weren't so, as we had arranged we ordered a taxi to take us home to Hampton Lakes, all was going well till we got to 192/27 then the traffic came to a halt due to an accident further down 27. It ended up costing us around $85 to get home (at 7.45) and my husband and brother followed about 1/2 hour later aas they had got caught up in traffic following another accident on the way home from Kennedy and then in the 2nd lot of traffic that had stopped us. They had a mobile with them but couldn't receive our calls.
At least with the Florida Mall they are open quite late so there shouldn't be a problem if you get delayed.

Nostromo
25-06-2003, 11:04
Thanks Steph. In fact, I asked discussed possibility with Adam's Mark Guest relations. In the first place, the Mall itself is open until 21:30 hours on weekdays (we're going on a Monday) and since we plan to start early and finish KSC by 18:00 latest, we should be okay. But if we do get delayed for some reason, the ladies will simply head to the reception of the Hotel and wait for us there. It will remain open always, of course.

steph_goodrum
25-06-2003, 11:13
"the ladies will simply head to the reception of the Hotel"
Time they've finished shopping they might just head for the bar :D:D