PDA

View Full Version : Belz Factory Outlet Mall

carole7007
12-02-2002, 03:40
At the north end of International Drive, its got to be one of the stops on your shopping itinerary. Loads of shops for discount clothes, trainers and Disney stuff!!!

Edited by - carole7007 on 12/02/2002 09:48:42

imported_n/a
17-02-2002, 17:02
There is a great cinema next to the Belz Complex. Grandad usually can't keep up with Nanny and I at Belz so it is great for him to take the children over to see a film (usually the films showing are about 2 months ahead of their release in the UK) and there is ample food/beverages available.

imported_n/a
17-02-2002, 17:06
SHOES!!

As you approach Belz you will see a Saks of Fifth Avenue outlet store on your left hand side. Within this complex, just across from Saks is an Etienne Aigner discount shop. You will see Etienne Aigner shops everywhere but this one is particularly cheap, not as well laid out as their other stores but worth a visit for £100 shoes for $20 at times. Similarly bargains can be had at the Nine West and Kenneth Cole together with Liz Clairborne.

esprit
19-02-2002, 02:33
There is a really good discount toy store, Toy Liquidators, which my son always goes in. Really cheap stuff which is like one season out of date eg they still have Star Wars Episode 1 stuff in. Anyway, they sell stuffed toys just like the ones you buy at the parks, but not branded, for a third of the price. We bought a massive Shamu for $12, the size that would have cost $40 in Seaworld, and apart from the lack of a Seaworld tag, no-one is any the wiser.
Another store I like is Eye Candy, which is a cheap and cheerful dress shop where they often have two items for the price of one.

Julie Carty

athurstance
19-02-2002, 02:41
Its the size of the Belz Mall that puts me off. After doing the parks my feet aren't really up to tramping round shops. I prefer the ones you can park outside.
Mind you the mention of cheap designer shoes ... I find it hard to pass up that kind of opportunity. Better not let DH know though - he can't understand whey anyone needs more than 2 pairs of shoes!!

imported_n/a
23-02-2002, 00:11
I have to say the Annexes are better than the Malls. The shops used to be great in them but have gone a bit downhill. Although, the Levi shop is a good one - but found the one at Premium Outlets have a larger range. But don't buy black 501s from Belz - washed a few times and they are now black with white stripes!!

The trainer (sorry sneaker) shops are quite good - not the latest range in the US but often bargains to be had for the models currently selling in the UK.

Great lingerie shop - bras at great pries - I spend about £25 over here for a bra - the same one in the shop in Belz (can't remember name, it's the one by the carousel and food court) is about £15. (How bored are the men now - then again, how many men look in the shopping section??)

Glad to hear there is another shoe-aholic amongst us.

orlandobabe
23-02-2002, 00:36
We haven't done Belz on our last few visits over-sounds like it is time to give it another go!

Orlandobabe

davefloridavilla
24-02-2002, 02:15
I remember back in the 80's when the belz was just one of those star shaped buildings.
We always used to get our levis from there (because they're so much cheaper than UK) but over the years we found we would spend ages trying to find a decent style in the right size and then they would perhaps only have one pair!
Often upon closer inspection, we found they were probably seconds with some minor fault too!!

I dont know what its like these days, I just use the larger outlets now, they're a bit dearer but still significantly cheaper than the UK. The best thing is after you've found a pair that a good fit and style, you can just go back to the shelf and pick up as many as you want too!

steph_goodrum
24-02-2002, 02:23
Just across the road from the Belz is a great place called
Outdoor World, as it suggests, it caters for all outdoor pursuits.
Well worth a wander if you're into this sort of thing.

Babblin Boo

carole7007
24-02-2002, 03:07
The Disney shops in Belz are great for the children, they can get the Disney characters, pens etc far cheaper than in the parks.

We have been over at Easter, the last couple of years and we have always picked up some really nice Christmas things, to bring home for next year.

Much to Keith's delight NOT !!!!

Carole

Carole & Keith

carole7007
24-02-2002, 03:11
The Toy shop near to the Disney shop in the furthest annexe of Belz, has more Barbies, than Kimberley can imagine, she spoilt for choice.
and so cheap compared to here.

She bought a full set of Disney Barbie and friends 5 dolls $15.00 plus tax. We saw the same set in UK Disney shop £35.00

They also seem to have the latest boys things too.

And some Disney characters, and computer stuff game boy etc.

Carole & Keith

rodders
24-02-2002, 23:19
My son and his mate visited the Outlet shopping area yesterday. He advised that the Calvin Klein shop had closed down. Not sure if its the one we are used to going to.It is on a corner across from the street where the Timberland store is.
If CK has closed down, it wil dissappoint a lot of the brit tourists as the place was usually bustling with shoppers.

Rodders

imported_n/a
25-02-2002, 03:08
Carole quite agree about the Toy shop, they appear to have stock in every day so worth a visit no matter how often you visit Belz - our private room has a special Barbie section now!!

rodders
26-02-2002, 23:47
Just to correct my previous observation about the Calvin Klein outlet. I spoke to my son again yesterday, who had visited the outlet stores again and obviously he had made a mistake about the store - possibly because he was in the wrong location. He has now located it and it is stll there and thriving.

I am sorry for giving you the wrong information.

Rodders

blott
16-03-2002, 18:35
Janeansom

The lingerie store is called Haines and also sells great nightwear (pyjama shorts for men too) as well as their own brand of pants (knickers), a stockpile of which is in our owners' cupboard!

Blott

imported_n/a
16-03-2002, 19:10
Remember to pick up the map that is in various leaflet stands in the Mall, you will find many discount coupons for many of the shops in the Malls. Definitely worth a look before you begin shopping.

DMC
18-06-2003, 19:46
Having just come back from Orlando, I can confirm that the Belz Outlet is looking somewhat past its best !!!

The stores over by Nike and Tommy Hilfiger are still great, but the Calvin Klien Store has certainly closed - much to our disappiontment !!!!

The 2 Mian Malls do look a little worst for wear, there are a number of stores that have closed, in fact one leg of Mall 2 was completly devoid of shops !!!

Of course they might be clearing things out, so that they can refurbish certain areas, but there are no signs to indicate this.

That said, as you would expect there are still a few bargins to be had, but 2 hours will have seen you cover everything that is on offer.

Also don't forget to go the extra mile, back down I'Drive and visit the Belz Desinger Outlet's - this is great for Ralph Lauren and Saks 5th Ave.

6 out of 10.

DMC