PDA

View Full Version : Car seats

millie
23-06-2003, 02:56
before we went to Florida I asked on these forums about whether we should take our own car seat with us. Everyone said if you could - do it as the standard is not great. We had so much stuff with us I decided to do without - big mistake.

The car seat we were given was dreadful - it did not fit properly at all. It was attached but could move from side to side. We complained to a Dollar office but was given another of the same type which also did not fit. When I asked him to look at it he refused due to insurance even though i did not ask him to touch it. He then asked if anyone knew how to fit it properly ( and nearly got a slap!!!!) despite the fact that I followed the simple instructions to the tee and it was obviously in right.

This caused lots of anxiety and we eventually went to another office where we saw a fantastic man who upgraded our car to one which had integral car seats ( our AC had broken aswell) which made a huge difference.

Anyone with the same questions I had - DEFINETELY TAKE YOUR OWN!!!!!

SHEEP
24-06-2003, 11:00
We went to Florida in Feb with a 10 year old,8 year old and 2 15 month old babies we got a car with built in seats and i must admit i think they were better than the ones home here especially after hearing recently that so called "trusted" seats from the big store(you know the one)were not as safe as claimed,The ones we had state side were part of the main seat and and very very easy to use(babies slept well in them so must have been comfy) so maybe as an alternative people could upgrade to a car with built in seats(they fold down from the back of the seat)providing it wouldnt be to expensive?but then i think id rather pay a few dollars more than lug 2 baby seats around:D:D
Sean and Clan