PDA

View Full Version : Sweet tomatoes

millie
23-06-2003, 02:50
On I drive - fantastic salad buffet. Easily the nicest salad we found. Does not serve steaks/ chicken etc though so may not be for everyone. It mainly consists of salads, soups, baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, pizza, breads, pastas and sweets. Great value ($8.99) and great service!

tinyburst
07-07-2003, 00:14
Yes, excellent place.

The menu for lunch is the same as the dinner menu but a couple of bucks cheaper (lunch finishes at 4pm).

I have often found discount coupons in the Sentinel.

One word of warning do not go on a Sunday lunch time the queues are huge (if locals are willing to get in line for Sunday brunch it must be good).

Tiny

amy
03-12-2004, 00:11
We ate here last week,its on I-drive at the junction of Kirkman Road, an ideal location when you have been to Universal to stop off for somthing to eat.

I never thought I could be as full on salad as I was it was real good value for money and good quality fresh food constantly being replenished.

We are not Veggies but it was great, if you are becareful with some of the soups as they are meat based.

It is well worth a try, we had it recommended, I was not that bothered about going being a steak lover, but it is now on our list of good places to eat.

Nostromo
03-12-2004, 00:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by amy

We are not Veggies but it was great, if you are becareful with some of the soups as they are meat based.
[/quote]

That is one problem that we have found both in the UK and US. Soups seem to contain Beef drippings or some other non-veg stuff even if it is labelled as a 'Vegetarian' one. It makes life really difficult for our Veggie relatives.

Ray&Sarah
03-12-2004, 00:25
This is one restaurant that we intend to visit whilst in Orlando next time, a welcome change from chip, chips and more chips.:D

amy
03-12-2004, 00:36
You have to becareful ordering Chips in the US, the last time I did they brought me a bag of Crisps:D

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
This is one restaurant that we intend to visit whilst in Orlando next time, a welcome change from chip, chips and more chips.:D
[/quote]

Jules
03-12-2004, 00:38
We were there last month and they had a wonderful chicken pot pie that was really a thick creamy soup with huge chunks of chicken breast in it along with mushrooms, carrots, peas etc. It was really good with the warm buttermilk biscuits. They also had delicious apple and cinnamom or cherry cobbler, yummy. November in Orlando is obviously so cold (it was mid 80's) that they were bringing out all the winter warmer dishes.

When we were there a waiter gave us some coupons for 15% off our next visit, each coupon was valid for upto 4 people and could be used upto December next year, we went back and used 1 and have kept the others for our visits next year.

Ray&Sarah
03-12-2004, 02:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by amy

You have to becareful ordering Chips in the US, the last time I did they brought me a bag of Crisps:D

[/quote]
[/quote]

We got caught out by that once, ordered a burger and chips and got crisps. Also asked for tomato sauce and got pureed tomatoes.:D

wiljohn
04-12-2004, 02:47

Originally posted by amy

We got caught out by that once, ordered a burger and chips and got crisps. Also asked for tomato sauce and got pureed tomatoes.:D

Just to put a slightly different spin on this subject, in Ft laud the missus asked for cotton wool, to which the assistant replied "which one do you want"?

Joolz
04-12-2004, 23:40
What did she get WilJohn?

wiljohn
05-12-2004, 13:37
Joolz, Not sure, probably some of those biscuit size circles in pack like pringles.

Here's another good one,we bought a microwave in the USA,the instruction leaflet stated,this appliance must NOT be used to dry clothes. :) :) :)

Joolz
07-12-2004, 11:57
People do do strange things with microwaves - do you remember the story about a woman who washed her poodle and then dried it in the microwave!!

Ray&Sarah
02-03-2005, 17:28
Went to Sweet Tomatoes yesterday for dinner and had a good meal. The salad was very varied and plentiful and a welcome change from chips. Would recommend it for anyone who would like something a little lighter on the palate.[msnsmile2]

Aiminghigh
02-03-2005, 17:35
Do you know if there are any other locations for this restaurant?
Thanks

Ray&Sarah
02-03-2005, 17:40
Must admit have only seen the one on I-Drive, hope it catches on and they open more though.[msnsmile]

Nostromo
02-03-2005, 21:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Aiminghigh
Do you know if there are any other locations for this restaurant?
Thanks
[/quote]

I am sure that there is one on E Colonial Drive (as well as the usual one on Kirkman Road)

Sharon G
02-03-2005, 23:21
We really like Sweet Tomatoes. Good value for money

Sharon

janny
21-04-2005, 22:12
if you join their veg club they send you a coupon for 15% discount off adult meals but the coupon expires 14 days from the time you join so make sure you join at the right time for your trip

http://www.fishbowl.com/clt/grfrsh/lp/join/join.asp

Geoff
03-05-2005, 05:26
Well it's about two years since I came across this chain in Sarasota and it was excellent then. We have lunched their today and for just $6.99 plus drink it was super value. 5 soups to choose from (or go back and have all 5) a superb salad selection, pasta, pizza, fruit, a small selection of cake products and ice cream. This is not you Ponderosa or Golden Coral (low end) menu, it is well presented, clean and not too packed. The majority of clients were local workers from offices, stores etc.

I read the list of other sites and they are across Florida and Southern States although they only seem to have one per city. The nearest to the I-Drive one is Altamonte Springs so I suppose up by the big Mall.

Try it you will enjoy.

Geoff & Cath

orlandobabe
03-05-2005, 05:43
Must give this a try!