PDA

View Full Version : Travelodge, Clearwater Beach

weemac
23-01-2006, 01:25
Has anyone stayed at Travelodge at Clearwater Beach as we are thinking of staying there for a couple of nights this July and would appreciate any thoughts - thanks [msnsmile]

vanessag
23-01-2006, 04:19
hi, try looking at [edited out] I always use it when booking hotels, it has never let me down!

23-01-2006, 09:52
Sorry not stayed there but we have stayed at the Sheraton Sand Key which was wonderful as was Clearwater Beach[msnwink]

Robert5988
23-01-2006, 13:24
I have no knowledge of the Clearwater Travelodge.

However you should be aware that some of the Travelodge hotels are pretty basic and nowhere near the standard of the UK chain.

There was a thread about this: http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_17545.asp

Mixed opinions.

Champagne
23-01-2006, 17:12
We've just stayed at Shephard's Beach Resort on the beach at Clearwater. Great room, fantastic warm pool and spa with just us in it, live music from a great duo playing Beatles numbers from 2pm on and superb margaritas! Just don't eat there - restaurant very over-rated...

Susan J
26-01-2006, 20:22
Without doubt the Hilton Clearwater is good - it has the best position, being right at the pier and the beach is lovely - we stayed there in a newly refurb room last July, and it was a very comfortable stay - I always feel so let down by Hotels as they are no where near as convenient or as luxurious as the villa, but okay for a pit stop.

christhear
26-01-2006, 20:48
Hi Weemac

We would never stay in a travelodge in Florida again. In 2004 we flew to Miami and decided that driving to Orlando the same day was too much. We booked into a Travelodge in fort Lauderdale.

We were given 2 rooms. The first still had someone in it - which surprised us both when we walked through the door. The second smelt awful. We got 2 new rooms but they wern't much better. If we had not been totally shattered there was no way we would have stayed.

there are defineately nothing like our English Travelodges.

stabard
26-01-2006, 21:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Susan J
Without doubt the Hilton Clearwater is good - it has the best position, being right at the pier and the beach is lovely - we stayed there in a newly refurb room last July, and it was a very comfortable stay - I always feel so let down by Hotels as they are no where near as convenient or as luxurious as the villa, but okay for a pit stop.
[/quote]

Would agree Susan - we stayed there years ago when we were on honeymoon. And yes, the hotels can never live up to the comforts of the villa [msnsmile2]

ALR
26-01-2006, 22:06
Must confess, I'd rather visit for the day than stay overnight in the travel lodge. It's not such a long journey, and the roads are good.[msnsmile]

wrpac00
28-01-2006, 21:37
Just booked the Hilton at Clearwater Beach for 2 nights in August for £148, thought that was quite good.

KJH
28-01-2006, 22:33
We always stay at the Hojo Express clearwater beach. In the middle of everything, sleeps 5 easily and opposite the beach. Great balcony to sit and watch everyone drive by.

Wouldn't want to stay too long though, normally do 3 nights. 5 in a room, very large. 2 dbls and a dble sofa bed.

Kaz