PDA

View Full Version : Christmas trees...

mbb
22-01-2006, 23:54
Silly question about Christmas trees..:D

We're already thinking about next year's trip (never too early, right?!!) for Christmas 2006..and it would be wonderful to have a Christmas tree...

Is this something that most owners would have in their homes? Is it crazy to include that in a wish list general inquiry?

I can see our 'amenities list' changing..
Blender - check
Spa - check
King size beds - check
Christmas tree - ???
LOL!!!

TIA, everyone!
[msnsmile]

E. Cosgrove
23-01-2006, 00:00
Lots of owners do put up Christmas trees for their guests Mary, so it's not such a silly request after all[msnwink]

LesleyB
23-01-2006, 00:02
We leave a Christmas Tree in our homes, with some decorations to put on the tree. Obviously not everyone celebrates Christmas so the guests have a choice whether to put it up or not.

I would imagine most owners, certainly from the OV sites, would do the same.

christhear
23-01-2006, 00:03
We have a christmas tree with lights which guests may put up if they wish. All we ask is that they take it down again. I think you will find may owners have trees available for their guests.

If you start looking soon, I'm sure that you could stipulate a villa that has a tree available. After all there are stranger things than that which some guests request.

andrewmckay5
23-01-2006, 00:09
We certainly do.
Can't wait to put it up next Christmas.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/andrewmckay5/200612220818_1.JPG

andrew

dawn
23-01-2006, 00:43
We also have Christmas trees and decorations for our guests(as well as a singing Santa!), and I am sure if you put it on your wish list to owners they would accomodate!

Cruella DeVilla
23-01-2006, 00:56
Most do have trees and some decorate the outside of the house and garden too.

SunLover
23-01-2006, 00:58
We have always provided a 7 foot lit and fully decorated tree for our guests at Christmas. (We do check first of course to see that they don't have any objections to having a tree in the villa).

We've had some lovely comments about our tree, and are happy to do anything to make a guest's vacation even more special.

So it's really not a silly question or request at all. :)

Genie
23-01-2006, 01:01
WE have a 6 and a half foot prelit tree with 400 lights, it looks gorgeous and a nodding lit up stag outside ( I know sad isn't it ! ) we leave a present under the tree for our Christmas guests.

Newhomebuyer
23-01-2006, 01:12
You see nothing is too much trouble when making requests on the OV sites.[xmas2][xmas1]

Just a word of caution Mary, don't leave that search too long as many of the beautiful villas on these sites get booked up early especially for the main holidays such as Christmas and Easter

Happy villa hunting

abbeyvillas
23-01-2006, 01:24
We have a tree which we put outside of our front door. We leave it in the closet with a box of decorations for guest use. I think you'll find this is quite common. We were in Florida this Christmas & lots of homes do have outdoor decorations which makes the whole place look cheery & festive.

Enjoy your search but don't leave it too late to make a decision.

ellie
23-01-2006, 01:30
We also have special Christmas china for our guests - or us, if we decide we can't bear not to go ourselves at Christmas. Makes is more like celebrating at home, but with all the wonder of being in Florida added in.

UK Jane
23-01-2006, 01:39
We spent the first Christmas as owners in our villa in 2004 and we bought a 7ft pre-lit, pre-decorated tree over the Internet and it was ready waiting in the garage for our arrival. I think it took less than 10 minutes to have it up and switched on and looked fabulous.

We now leave it in the garage for our Christmas guests to enjoy if they choose too.

solanasunshine
23-01-2006, 12:19
I would imagine most people would have a Christmas tree and other decorations. It wouldn't be the same without!![msnsmile]

stabard
23-01-2006, 14:43
Yep - Christmas tree and decorations are available. Villa owners on this site are only too pleased to help make guests trip the one of a lifetime.

pieman790
23-01-2006, 14:49
We bought ours from Walmart which was 6 foot six, pre-lit with 600 bulbs. We thought it looked so nice and was so cheap ($40) we brought it home with us.

mbb
23-01-2006, 22:05
Thanks everyone! My parents just chuckled at me when I told them we're looking at holiday options - for next year!..imagine their glee if I told them about asking about the tree..LOL!

They just show up at the airport on the dates *I* tell them - no advance planners there[msnwink]..I don't know where I get it from..[msnsmile2]LOLing!

If we do decide on Christmas - I like thinking about mom's reaction when she realizes we'll have a tree after all..probably the moment we walk in the villa!![msnwink]

That's a beautiful tree, andrewmckay5[msnsmile]I keep thinking we should do a week or so on the Gulf Coast!!

Thanks again!

[msnsmile]

andrewmckay5
23-01-2006, 22:30
Mary,

I wouldn't say its too early. We already have 7 weeks booked for 2007 including Easter and I am sure there will be some Orlando owners with Christmas 2006 already booked.

The best thing about the tree is the "remote control." Put the top section in the bottom section, press the remote control and it rises upto 7 feet with the decorations and lights already on. Takes about 2 minutes. "Only in America"

andrew

PS this thread lists some of the events from December 2005 to give you some idea of what may be on in the Gulf if you are considering the area:
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_25552.asp

domster
24-01-2006, 01:22
I am glad someone else asked the same question I did months ago.

We will be getting one this year and our Manager will put it up for us. The guests we had in this year had loads of presents under one of the plants in the house. not the same really!!

Bookworm
30-01-2006, 21:40
We don't put a tree and decorations up as standard just in case our guests are going on holiday to 'escape' Christmas. However, we'd be glad to oblige if geusts asked for it.

As Domster says, it's not too early. I have had several enquiries for next Christmas and someone just booking with us for January 2007.

andrewandcarole
30-01-2006, 22:49
Certainly not too early to be thinking of Christms 2006. We have been booked for several months now!

Christmas in Florida is magic - I'm sure you'll have a great time, Mary.

Carole

Sharon G
30-01-2006, 22:57
We have a Christmas tree for our guests! I do make sure they want it up prior to their departure![msnsmile2]

doriluz
05-02-2006, 20:57
I just got my villa. The christmas tree is a must. I will definitely have one.

truman
20-02-2006, 02:55
We have a seven foot pre-lit tree available for our guests. It's not Christmas without a tree.
Els

ShirleyCottam
22-02-2006, 20:00
Its not too early to book, and if you want a good choice then dont leave it too late. I have been booked for Christmas 2006 since last summer, and I will make sure they have a Tree and all the trimmings for thier visit.

mollymolly
28-02-2006, 23:46
Andrew

Where did you get that fantastic "automatic" Christmas tree?

Like you, we are on the Rotonda and want a tree for Christmas 2006. I especially like the idea of "2mins to set up"

Bernadette

Mo Green
01-03-2006, 03:51
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mollymolly
Andrew

Where did you get that fantastic "automatic" Christmas tree?

Like you, we are on the Rotonda and want a tree for Christmas 2006. I especially like the idea of "2mins to set up"

Bernadette
[/quote]

Me too - where ever did you find it Andrew?

andrewmckay5
01-03-2006, 12:17
Walmart in Port Charlotte.

Mo Green
01-03-2006, 15:18
Thanks Andrew - can't wait to see the family's faces if I produce one.

mollymolly
01-03-2006, 21:38
Thanks Andrew - shall add it to my shopping list for when I'm next over.

Bernadette

andrewmckay5
01-03-2006, 22:49
Just found the receipt.
Cost $148 plus tax; this was half price as we bought it on the 22nd December.

Reference "SIMPLICITREE 008678616343"

andrew