PDA

View Full Version : Virgin OnLine Checkin Manchester

AngelaB
22-01-2006, 13:30
We are due to fly out in 2 weeks to Orlando with Virgin.

Was thinking about doing the Online Checkin 24 hours prior. I believe you only have to be at the airport an hour before departure? Has anyone done this? And if so has anyone encountered any problems etc with it??

Many thanks[msnsmile]

22-01-2006, 13:35
Yes its fine just drop your bags at Desks 10-12 in Terminal 2 and then go through security.

I personally would still get to the airport a bit earlier just to be on the safe side[msnwink]

AngelaB
22-01-2006, 13:43
Thanks Julie.

Think we will go ahead and do it ....[msnwink]

Madabouttigger
22-01-2006, 13:52
Its wonderful, we used it last March, at the check in desk there was 3 people in front of us, no queue, no hassel just straight through. Very easy to do on line to.

When you come back you can check in at down town Disney and again, you don't have to be at the airport until 1 hour before departure.

[msnwink]

Genie
22-01-2006, 14:31
The down town Disney check in make life so much easier, especially as you can grab a few more extra hours of sunshine [msnsmile2]

LesleyB
22-01-2006, 14:33
We would definitely recommend the online check-in with Virgin. We have used this three times now and each time was hassle-free, we have never had to wait for more than a couple of minutes to check in our luggage. We were so pleased we used this in September as we were running late due to booking off-site parking - the transfer process took a lot longer than anticipated and we got there with 70 minutes to spare. The Virgin desk had closed to normal check-in, just the online diy checkin section open. Our luggage must have been the last to be loaded on the plane, as when we reached Orlando, our luggage was amongst the first off the plane - bliss![msnsmile2]

walden64
22-01-2006, 15:19
We used this at Christmas instead of using premium economy check in and it was sooooooo easy.

We always use Downtown Disney check in for our flight home - it does cost US $5 per person but well worth it in my opinion.

22-01-2006, 15:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by walden64
We used this at Christmas instead of using premium economy check in and it was sooooooo easy.

We always use Downtown Disney check in for our flight home - it does cost US $5 per person but well worth it in my opinion.

Michelle

[/quote]

Its free with Virgin holidays flydrive[msnwink]

Genie
22-01-2006, 15:37
Do they not do the twilight check in at Manchester like they do at Gatwick. Thats a great way to go, as we go down the night before !

AngelaB
22-01-2006, 18:37
Thanks everyone...really does sound like a good idea, those that have done it, has anyone had any problems with seat allocation? IE,preferred seats being changed?

Ta

steph_goodrum
22-01-2006, 20:25
Only problem we found at Heathrow in December when my daughter flew to Boston, she had checked in the night before online, and we arrived about 2 hours before her flight but it took almowt half an hour to drop the bags. Although there weren't many people in front of us they kept calling people for the JFK flight to the front as they had obviously had a problem and were using all agents to check that flight in for some reason.

ALR
22-01-2006, 20:46
This service was a Godsend to us last September as we encountered a serious delay on our journey to the airport, despite me being over cautious and setting off in order to be at the airport 2 hours early.

I'd definately recommend it.:D

22-01-2006, 21:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Genie
Do they not do the twilight check in at Manchester like they do at Gatwick. Thats a great way to go, as we go down the night before !
[/quote]

Not with Virgin but BMI do it[msnwink]

LesleyB
22-01-2006, 22:24
Re problems with seat allocation. We had our seats changed in September, but we were glad to do so, as we were asked if we would change to keep a family together who had a kid in a wheelchair (to be nearer the front of the aircraft). Virgin had saved a row of 4 seats for the two of us half way down the plane as it was not full, so we were able to stretch out on the journey. An upgrade would have been nice, but we are never that lucky! (it was the first time that we had travelled without the kids too).

davy woods
22-01-2006, 22:53
I am flying with Virgin this year from Manchester so that's handy to know, I will definately use It.
Dave

Karen
22-01-2006, 23:54
We used it for the 3rd time yesterday, and it was great. No queues, and my husband got the seat he had requested [msnsmile2]

Susan J
23-01-2006, 16:23
Anybody using PRem Econ or Upper Class use it - do they give you the lounge pass etc just the same?

solanasunshine
23-01-2006, 16:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by AngelaB

Was thinking about doing the Online Checkin 24 hours prior. I believe you only have to be at the airport an hour before departure? Has anyone done this? And if so has anyone encountered any problems etc with it??

Many thanks[msnsmile]
[/quote]

We've done this and it does make life a lot easier. Have to say that we still go to the airport earlier than required just to be on the safe side - gives you time to look around the shops too [msnwink]

23-01-2006, 17:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Susan J
Anybody using PRem Econ or Upper Class use it - do they give you the lounge pass etc just the same?
[/quote]

No lounge for PE passengers at Manchester anymore just UC[msnwink]

Susan J
23-01-2006, 17:10
Sorry Julie, Yep I know that really, I was thinking of the red carpet queue as I typed :D

dingledel
23-01-2006, 18:30
I would still get to airport a bit early to save any last minute hitches. Coming back its best to check in at Down Town Disney and get rid of your cases belive me as a family of seven its really is worth it then you have the whole day to your self! Best think is to pay for the checking inservice with virgin before you fly out as they charge I think $10 per person if you do it on the day it saves all the messing when comming home. Hope this is of use to you

Julie

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by AngelaB

Many thanks[msnsmile]
[/quote]

becbecs
23-01-2006, 20:31
Yep can highly recommend DIY Check-In. Saves so much time.

Don't forget to do the Check in on the way back at Downtown Disney. Its right in front of the Cirque Du Soleil building. Check in times and baggae drop here are 8am - 1pm local time. Will give you a couple of extra hours to do those last minute things.

Its great turning up to MCO with just your hand luggage.

davy woods
24-01-2006, 01:18
Thanks Faser and Jane for the location of the check-in for coming home I was going to ask someone where It was no need to bother now. [msnsmile2]
Dave