PDA

View Full Version : Mardi Gras

djdigitald
20-01-2006, 01:14
Looking at the Universal Website it seems as though they do a Mardi Gras Event every Saturday from February to April. Anyone ever been? What are they like?

alfie
23-01-2006, 23:16
they are brilliant!! my kids a little older 14 14 and 12 and they just love it!! the floats are fantastic and gets really in the spirit of it. each time my husband and i say we will stand in the background but end up with the rest of them screaming for the beads of which we end up with hundreds, a really great atmosphere actually enjoy it more than the disney parades as so much crowd participation.

dolphinv
17-02-2006, 19:29
MARDI GRAS

Celebrate the Spirit!

Saturday Nights : February 11 - April 22, 2006

Saturday, February 18 - KID ROCK

It’s Mardi Gras time at Universal Studios! It is the only place where you can
experience a rock'in parade with authentic floats for New Orleans, catch handful of
beads, feast on original New Orleans cuisine and listen to name entertainment.

In the spirit of celebrating 150 years of New Orleans Mardi Gras festivities,
Universal Studios has created its own French Quarter for you to experience. The
French Quarter is packed with wall-to-wall authentic New Orleans cuisine and
musicians straight from The Big Easy – in addition to this year’s top name
entertainment.

And, since CityWalk® is THE Official Mardi Gras After Party spot, you can also get
FREE admission to select clubs with your Mardi Gras ticket. But don't forget that
all this entertainment is included in your regular Universal Studios theme park
admission or your annual pass on the day of the event.

Visit [website link edited] to learn
more.

CarolAnn
24-04-2006, 19:05
We managed to go to the Mardi Gras last Saturday, it was a really fabulous atmosphere and the floats were amazing!! Our daughter has managed to cpme home with MORE beads (thrown from the floats) than you can ever imagine[msneek] Little things make kids happy sometimes[msnwink]Busy, but great, highly recommend[msnsmile2]

McjohnjM
25-04-2006, 15:47
Would definitely recommend it, it is a great atmosphere. We still have beads from a couple of years ago and we have collected more this year, it really is something, great floats, costume, everything is well organised, if we are ever in Orlando at this time of year we will go. Fo your info, we had 4 adults with us this year and 4 kids, if you can call them kids, they are 21, 18, 17 and 16, so good for all ages.

Kim

sundowner
26-04-2006, 17:50
Word of warning though - try to plan to eat well before the parade starts. Hubby and I only wanted a coffee and had to queue for 50 mins as every decided to grab a bite to eat whilst waiting for the parade to start.

Pegasus928
28-04-2006, 12:33
I've heard a rumour that next year Universal, out of the goodness of their hearts, will be offering people the chance to gain a front row view of the parade, without families having to resort to leaving one of their group in a prominent position on the sidewalk 4 hours before it starts.
For a one off fee of $40 per person you will be given 'priority placement' in the front row of the crowds, allowing you to turn up mere seconds before the parade starts and still have a grandstand view.
Obviously it is important that you are easily identified by the park staff, so each person that pays for this privilege will be issued a really big hat. This will also help the cast members on the floats decide who to throw the beads at, as well as making it harder for all the people that have only paid the standard entrance fee to see what is going on.

[msnwink] [msnsmile2] [msnwink]

CarolAnn
28-04-2006, 15:00
Seems quite a bit to pay extra mind [msnsad], I loved it, but not sure I would pay an extra $40