PDA

View Full Version : FLYING CLUB

hamish
20-01-2006, 00:31
Having nearly saved enough miles to take a free premium economy flight with virgin, they moved the goal posts.!!
As from march this year the miles needed for this flight have gone up from 62,500 to 75,000 and they say on there website that the changes are for the better.!
Yes but only for a select few,for the majority of us it,s a kick in the teeth.
I have sent them a letter of complaint and i hope they understand the true meaning of the words, 'customer service'.
I know quite a lot forum members are in virgins flying club and maybe unaware of whats happened.:(

E. Cosgrove
20-01-2006, 00:37
Hamish, what about doing "miles + money" I think this is a great way to "spend" your airmiles and better value than trading them in for a free seat?

hamish
20-01-2006, 00:43
Yes we have done that in the past, but wanted to do it this way, this time and anyway it,s the principle of it now.!!<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
Hamish, what about doing "miles + money" I think this is a great way to "spend" your airmiles and better value than trading them in for a free seat?
[/quote]

domster
20-01-2006, 01:18
The thought that it is for the better don't really add up. Only better for Virgin I assume.

I was pleased that I have got enough for a return for 2 to Orlando on BMI now. If I upgrade I can use money and pionts which is nice.

Genie
20-01-2006, 01:18
But as I said in another thread the other day the miles + money flight was more expensive than the ordinary flight prices , the companion flights were double the price of a single ticket making a mockery of the whole thing !

ravtino
20-01-2006, 02:45
I have a companion flight and a quite a lot of miles but when I tried to use them guess what - no availability, so when is the time to use them?? I also tried to use them for the airport hotel but you carn't do that either!!

E. Cosgrove
20-01-2006, 12:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Genie
But as I said in another thread the other day the miles + money flight was more expensive than the ordinary flight prices , the companion flights were double the price of a single ticket making a mockery of the whole thing !
[/quote]
We always check the regular flight price first. When I last used miles plus money it was £305 inc tax for a flight that was £417 + £90 tax. We only used 2000 airmiles each, so I thought we got a good deal.

stabard
20-01-2006, 14:17
We have just used our miles for dates in July for which there were no miles plus money options. We are going out economy but returning premium for 45000 each.

jillizzy
20-01-2006, 14:32
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hamish
Having nearly saved enough miles to take a free premium economy flight with virgin, they moved the goal posts.!!
As from march this year the miles needed for this flight have gone up from 62,500 to 75,000 and they say on there website that the changes are for the better.!
I have sent them a letter of complaint and i hope they understand the true meaning of the words, "customer service".
I know quite a lot forum members are in virgins flying club and maybe unaware of whats happened.:(
[/quote]
How short are you of miles? If you'll have enough before March 1st you can still redeem them at the old rates - I may be able to give you advice on how to get the extra miles before then depending on how many you need.

Jilly

hamish
29-01-2006, 22:30
Hi Jilly.
Sorry ,only just read your post.
Any help would be great, need about 10,000 miles each.
Clive & June<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jillizzy
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hamish
I have sent them a letter of complaint and i hope they understand the true meaning of the words, "customer service".
[/quote]
How short are you of miles? If you'll have enough before March 1st you can still redeem them at the old rates - I may be able to give you advice on how to get the extra miles before then depending on how many you need.

Jilly
[/quote]

wrpac00
30-01-2006, 14:58
Hamish are you travelling alone? If not use your miles for a companion fare, pay full price for 1 seat and only the taxes on the other seat.

We have done that 2 years in a row now with seats in PE, saved ourselves over £1100 each trip.

hamish
30-01-2006, 22:58
Good idea, use the wife as a companion,! but can you get the dates you need.?<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrpac00
Hamish are you travelling alone? If not use your miles for a companion fare, pay full price for 1 seat and only the taxes on the other seat.

We have done that 2 years in a row now with seats in PE, saved ourselves over £1100 each trip.
[/quote]

wrpac00
31-01-2006, 21:27
We have gone in Aug last year and July this year and never had a problem.

I think the longer you leave it after the flights are available the less chance you have.