PDA

View Full Version : Pointe Orlando

esprit
20-02-2002, 03:33
Shopping centre situated on South International Drive almost directly opposite the Convention Centre and next door to Wonderworks. Centrepiece is a multi screen cinema complete with an Imax screen. Beauty and the Beast in Imax is really worth seeing. Surrounded by speciality shops and a few eating houses and most notably FAO Schwarz toyshop with the ginormous teddy bear outside - a sort of Hamleys which houses the biggest display of Barbies I have ever seen,loads of sci fi toys and cult stuff ( including some really expensive memorabilia) and lots of mainstream toys at twice the price you would pay at Toys R US! A good way to spend a couple of hours, the only drawback being that there is no parking other than the multi storey which services Wonderworks, so it costs even to eat there or go to the cinema.

Julie Carty

DMC
18-06-2003, 20:33
The Pointe is opposite The Rosen Hotel and Convention Centre, no real discount stores but a good place to take the kids to FAO Schwarz or the Cinema.

A few palces to eat such as Dan Marinos Town Tavern, very cold beers - always welcome after a hard day in the Theme Parks.

A good place to spend a quiet night or live it up at the nightclub on the first floor.

DMC

sarahjk
13-08-2003, 15:13
Hi

Just browsing to see if there was anything shopping wise i had missed could not let this topic go by as noone had mentioned Johny Rockets
The food is good but the shakes are out of this world we always go to the Point
a)FAO
b)Johnys
it is a nice place to have look around on a sunny day
if you have not been try the strawberry milkshake my hubby swears by the choc malt and the kids will love the atmosphere they dance to certain songs