PDA

View Full Version : buying holiday clothes in orlando

kezza5222
16-01-2006, 19:07
hi all

is orlando still a good place to buy clothes cheaper then they are in the uk? i last went 15 years ago and they where a bargain then but have things changed? my intention was to come with only a few days worth of clothes and then buy the rest when i arrived, also what about washing products, like shower gel and shampoo, are these cheaper in orlando or england?
kerry

pieman790
16-01-2006, 20:00
With the dollar rate to the pound there are many bargains to be had.
clothes and shoes are very cheap compared to the UK especially branded goods.
As for Shampoo etc supermarkets sell most of the stuff you can get over here for about the same amount or in many cases cheaper

Genie
16-01-2006, 21:35
Still lots to spend your money on , have no fear !!![clap]

sheenallan
16-01-2006, 22:13
Went with a full case in October came back with a bulging case lucky i had paid for extra baggage.
Sheena.

dawn
16-01-2006, 22:39
Toiletries are definately worth buying there. Also make up - discovered it was around 1/3 less than in the Uk for the good makes, so stocked up last time we were over from Super Target:D

Stephen and Pam
16-01-2006, 22:55
We never go with full cases normally we have one inside the other and they both come back buldging and very near weight limit.
Our boys like Vans shoes and they are about half price of UK and good quality denims about a fith UK prices. I even buy spares for my motorcycle as they are half what I would pay in UK[msnsmile2]

kezza5222
17-01-2006, 02:07
thanks for the replies, its a good idea putting one suitcase inside the other! i will be doing that in september. when i find out what villa/area i have been allocated i will come and pester you all to find where the nearest supermarkets are! shampoos and things are so bulky to take! i am glad you can get them for the sameish price out there!
love kerry

Ray&Sarah
17-01-2006, 03:01
You'll find a lot of bargains Kerry, plenty to fill up your cases and probably more. When you know where you are staying they is sure to be someone on here who can help with the nearest supermarkets etc.[msnsmile2]

andrewandcarole
17-01-2006, 12:10
Yes - it's a shoppers paradise!

The only downside is - don't rely on buying 'summer clothes' such as shorts in the winter months. Even though we Brits still think the weather is warm the locals don't and the shops are full of winter woolies!

Carole

kezza5222
17-01-2006, 22:30
hi carole
we would be there in first 2 weeks of september, are there still summery clothes in the shops then?
kerry