PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Fans

Newhomebuyer
16-01-2006, 15:23
I know a few people from the forums enjoyed the Star Wars weekends last year so I thought I would remind you that they are on again this year . The first Weekend is May 19-21 and they are on the next 3 weekends after that.

solanasunshine
16-01-2006, 16:58
Its a shame they're not on in August when we are in Orlando - Our 9 year old son is a big Star Wars fan.

Paula D-S
16-01-2006, 17:48
We were there for a Star Wars weekend last year. My daughters and myself are not big fans but my hubby (37) thought he was in heaven. Even worse my BIL waited in a queue for ages to get his picture taken with Darth Vadar.

It was great to see Storm Troupers? on guard everwhere.

pieman790
16-01-2006, 18:52
Can you tell me what happens at Star Wars weekends?

Newhomebuyer
16-01-2006, 19:35
They have special parades, meet and greets and activities which children can join in with like saber sword lessons and storm trooper mock battles.
I think the real fans like the trivia competition in the ABC theatre . There are very good prizes apparently.
There is no additional charge on Star wars days .

esprit
16-01-2006, 19:58
We went last year and the place was heaving. Go if you are really into Star Wars as there were huge queues for the rides. There were a lot of ordinary people dressed up, not sure if you get an admission discount?

Paula D-S
16-01-2006, 23:00
When we were there there were many characters walking around....especially over by Star Tours. I forgot all about my three year old in her pram and she looked terrifed as I was pushing her without a thought towards all these aliens.........you shouldn't laugh but if you'd have seen her face[:O]

There were some very serious Luke Skywalkers walking around and they weren't children dressed up they were grown men[msnembarrased]