PDA

View Full Version : Virgin

djdigitald
16-01-2006, 14:55
:(

I have just founf out that Virgin no longer issue Luggage Labels? Has this been the case(Pardon the Pun!) for a long while? I was told by the people on the Flying Club helpdesk that all the information is stored in the bar-coded labels they stick to your case?

They did say that we could put some on at the Airport and i told them they were joking as there would be 9 of us with 2 cases and had luggage each.

Virgin are really begining to p1ss me and Kaye off :(

16-01-2006, 15:19
Don't worry most airlines are going the same way, there is no need for labels to be truthful, like there is no need for paper ticket and most airlines now use e tickets[msnwink]

Why not just put your own label on for your own peace of mind[msnwink]

djdigitald
16-01-2006, 15:29
Yeah we are going to.

16-01-2006, 15:43
I may have some at home I will have a look tonight and if I have I will post them to you, also I am going to the airport this afternoon to pick up hubbys ticket so I will have a look for you[msnwink]

djdigitald
16-01-2006, 16:00
What every you can get Julie would be most appreciative, we would need 18 altogether but whatever you can find will help greatly :D

16-01-2006, 16:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by djdigitald
What every you can get Julie would be most appreciative, we would need 18 altogether but whatever you can find will help greatly :D
[/quote]

No probs I will have a look[msnwink]

djdigitald
16-01-2006, 16:44
Thank You. :)

abbeyvillas
16-01-2006, 19:26
Yep thats right - we noticed at the check-in desk on our last Virgin flight that there were no luggage labels available. Luckily we only had 2 cases & one already had an address tag. For the other, we quickly wrote a note with both the villa address and our home address and put it inside the case.

Although they say the cases are electronically tagged with a bar code, we have had the experience of arriving at our destination only to find that the suitcases have gone missing en route. Quite a nightmare I can tell you!! [msnmad][msnmad][msnmad] We always make sure we remember to take some spare luggage tags with us now. You can pick them up in the local Travel agents, just ask for a handful.

Macka
16-01-2006, 19:28
If you have some old shoeboxes, some glue, and some sticky backed plastic, simply cut out the shoeboxes into luggage label sized rectangles and cover with the sticky backed plastic.

Make a hole in the side of each one and get some string or taffeta to tie onto your case. (if you only have sharp scissors, ask a grown up to help you). Once completed write your outbound address and inbound on the other, and you will have attractive and useful luggage labels that you can use year after year.[msnsmile2]

As long as you don't move house.

And go back to the same place every year.

blott
16-01-2006, 19:44
Luggage labels with your UK address on them are a security risk! A nice empty house for a couple of weeks is just what the burglar ordered!

Stick your UK address inside your case (on the lid) so that, if it gets lost, the airline can get it back to you.

Katys Grandad
16-01-2006, 19:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
Luggage labels with your UK address on them are a security risk! A nice empty house for a couple of weeks is just what the burglar ordered!

Stick your UK address inside your case (on the lid) so that, if it gets lost, the airline can get it back to you.
[/quote]

Absolutely!! It's a bit like leaving a note on your front door saying that the house will be empty for a couple of weeks.

There isn't any advantage to having luggage tags these days - the barcode gets the case to its destination almost without human intervention.

wrpac00
16-01-2006, 21:33
Yeah, we haven't used labels for quite some time now.

djdigitald
16-01-2006, 21:56
Yep we understand the Home address security bit and we never put that address on them until we are going home.

Stephen and Pam
16-01-2006, 22:44
We have BMI bag tags with our code number and if they go missing BMI have our contact number. Dont know if they will work when we are traveling with Virgin though?

16-01-2006, 23:59
Just got back from the airport and not a luggage tag in sight!!!!

May be because the Virgin desks were closed [msnembarrased]

Sorry, I will have a look to see if I have any here[msnwink]

E. Cosgrove
17-01-2006, 00:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott

[/quote]
Thats exactly what we do Blott, Florida address going out and home address coming back.
Never have luggage labels on the outside.

djdigitald
17-01-2006, 02:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
Just got back from the airport and not a luggage tag in sight!!!!

May be because the Virgin desks were closed [msnembarrased]

Sorry, I will have a look to see if I have any here[msnwink]
[/quote]

Thanks Julie

Steve and Dawn
17-01-2006, 02:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka
If you have some old shoeboxes, some glue, and some sticky backed plastic, simply cut out the shoeboxes into luggage label sized rectangles and cover with the sticky backed plastic.

Make a hole in the side of each one and get some string or taffeta to tie onto your case. (if you only have sharp scissors, ask a grown up to help you). Once completed write your outbound address and inbound on the other, and you will have attractive and useful luggage labels that you can use year after year.[msnsmile2]

As long as you don't move house.

And go back to the same place every year.
[/quote]

LOL....... you didn't used to be on Blue Peter did you Macka?[msnsmile2]

Macka
17-01-2006, 12:01
You can take the kid out of blue peter, but you can't take blue peter out of the kid.[msnwink]

Next week, I'll be showing you how to get a queen size "bed in a bag" in your hand luggage using only a stanley knife and a sink plunger.

blott
17-01-2006, 18:18
You can take the kid out of blue peter, but you can't take blue peter out of the kid.[msnwink]

Next week, I'll be showing you how to get a queen size "bed in a bag" in your hand luggage using only a stanley knife and a sink plunger.
[/quote]Err, can you make that this week please? We're coming home at the weekend and the info just might be useful! [msnwink]

Madabouttigger
17-01-2006, 20:55
We got some luggage tags from woolworths - the inserts are interchangable - not very designer but serve the purpose, will look for something more suitable next time we are in the States.

abbeyvillas
17-01-2006, 21:17
Must have a look in Woolworths then, they would be useful.

djdigitald
18-01-2006, 18:11
All's well that ends well (Hopefully!) I have just been in conversation with a lovely young lady at Virgin Customer Services who said that the Luggage Labels are still available at Check-In but she completely understood that we would not want to fill in the labels there! She is send out 20 labels by post today so that we can have everything prepared for when we arrive [clap]

18-01-2006, 18:21
Great news!!![clap][clap]

Sharon G
19-01-2006, 00:20
All's well that ends well (Hopefully!) I have just been in conversation with a lovely young lady at Virgin Customer Services who said that the Luggage Labels are still available at Check-In but she completely understood that we would not want to fill in the labels there! She is send out 20 labels by post today so that we can have everything prepared for when we arrive [clap]
[/quote]

Daniel....Virgin luggage labels are now quite small and easily tear!!
Mine came off 2 of my 4 suitcases this last November...luckily for us I always put an additional one on from ones I made myself (Macka,,,,you'd be proud of me!![msnwink])

I made 2 sets...one for the outward journey and one's for the homeward journey!!....They actually look better than alot of agencies as I laminated them also!![msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Sharon G
19-01-2006, 00:22

[/quote]

LOL[clap]

...I'd like to know what you actually do with the sink plunger[msneek]

djdigitald
19-01-2006, 00:35
Thats OK Sharon, we will be Doing our own as well :D

djdigitald
20-01-2006, 23:13
Luggage labels turned up today [clap]

20-01-2006, 23:22
Luggage labels turned up today [clap]
[/quote]

Great news!!!![clap][clap][clap]

Ray&Sarah
21-01-2006, 03:52

[/quote]

Looking forward to this demonstration Macka, it will comi in really useful for our next trip.[msnwink]:D

21-01-2006, 11:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah

[/quote]

Looking forward to this demonstration Macka, it will comi in really useful for our next trip.[msnwink]:D
[/quote]

Paul you should be on TV!!!![clap][clap][clap]