PDA

View Full Version : Villa Needed Urgently

florida
20-06-2003, 22:49
Due to the subsidence of the villa next door to the one we booked on Bridgewater Crossing, we have had our booking cancelled.[:0]

Has anyone still got availability from 03/07/03-10/07/03 for 2 adults and 2 teenage daughters.

The most I am willing to pay at this late stage is £400.00, this was the cost of our original booking.

chrizzy100
20-06-2003, 23:11
quote:Originally posted by florida

Due to the subsidence of the villa next door to the one we booked on Bridgewater Crossing, we have had our booking cancelled.[:0]

Has anyone still got availability from 03/07/03-10/07/03 for 2 adults and 2 teenage daughters.

The most I am willing to pay at this late stage is £400.00, this was the cost of our original booking.

subsidence ..?? are the places very old there.....anyone....?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
21-06-2003, 00:07
If you put an enquiry out on www.orlandovillas.com or www.vacation-rental-villas.com private owners will get straight back to you. They are not allowed to answer availability requests on the forums.

steph_goodrum
21-06-2003, 02:07
"The most I am willing to pay at this late stage is £400.00, this was the cost of our original booking"

You may find it difficult to meet that price at this late stage as many owners, like myself, are finding it increasingly better to work to the same system as the airlines and offer any special rates to guests who book early as we feel it a little unfair that they should be prepared to plan and commit their deposit and find that others have booked later and paid less.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
21-06-2003, 02:19
I hadn't spotted that about the price Steph...our 3 bed, 2 bath would be £495 per week for those dates and we would probably put the price up for a last minute booking like this if we had the availability as there are hundreds of people looking for those dates at the moment.

Why should we drop prices just because it's a late availability.

florida
21-06-2003, 03:10
I thought this site was about trying to help people, not have a go at them. There are a lot of villa owners out there that would rather have a booking for £400.00 than no booking at all!

Lakul
21-06-2003, 03:19
Then you have got villa owners wrong. We are more than happy to help but you must appreciate that we all set our own rates. Because you got your first villa cheap, doesn't mean you can expect to get other villas that cheap. Did you ask the flight and car hire company for a cheap rate too??

florida
21-06-2003, 03:24
I wasn't dictacting prices to anyone, just provided that information so nobody emailed me unnecessary.

I have received an offer from one owner, who has dropped the price by £200.00, as she would rather have the villa occupied than vacant.

Lakul
21-06-2003, 03:29
Well she's nuts. I've just taken a booking for 6th to 12th July at my full rate (which is cheaper than some but more than others). This is the problem when owners don't stick to their rates, we don't get the true value for our homes :(

florida
21-06-2003, 03:33
Yes I did get a good rate for my flight and car hire they were prepared to price match the cheapest offer I could find.

It wasn't a case of being desperate, It was the fact that £400.00 is better than nothing! I know what I'd rather have.

Lakul
21-06-2003, 03:36
Perhaps you might think different if you owned a villa:)

fiona
21-06-2003, 03:43
I thought villa owners weren't meant to respond to enquiries on the forum like this??? Surely we should all abide by the rules.

bellaepovera
21-06-2003, 04:39
If you want a condo I can match that price!!

steph_goodrum
21-06-2003, 10:51
Bernie
As villa owners we are constantly being criticised for what are perceived to be high prices, the assumption being if we can afford 2 homes we must have loads of money. In fact quite the reverse is true, since most of us bought our homes with quite large mortgages and are forever putting money in to try and enhance the holidaymakers experience. Many offer Playstation, Internet etc at no extra charge. Last week at Wembley I paid £70 for 2 twin beds for myself and daughter at a Hilton hotel, which was shabby to say the least, to use the inbuilt Playstation cost £4.95 an hour and net access £6 per hour.
Approx 12% of the cost of rental is taken up by Sales and Tourist tax before we ever see any money towards any of our upkeep.
If the cost of your villa was £500 per person per night that works at (for your family of 4) to just £17 per person per night.
If there were 8 in your party only £8.50 per night.
What would you expect if you found a hotel for that price... not much I'm sure.
Some guests try to barter the price down constantly to the lowest level yet will happily spend £200 per person on a Disney park ticket....because Disney won't reduce their price we are asked to lower our price so people can afford a holiday. Our answer to them is if it means you have to cut corners to get your holiday of a lifetime is to ask them to save for another year and come back when they are willing to pay the proper rates required to enable us to maintain our villas to the high standard we all like to keep.
I can't remember the last time I did my weekly shop and said to the shop ....I am prepared to pay xxxx.. If I can't afford to pay the price asked, it will stay on the shelf till I can, or I will go without.
I hope you don't think there was any offence intended in any of this but we are just trying to show you our perspective. Last Christmas my brother decided he was able to come over to Florida with us after we had booked, we had paid £340 for our seats, when we tried to book his 6 months before we travelled the price was £604, when we told them what ours costs, the reply from Virgin was "they're the last seats on the plane ... take it or leave it" He took it because he wanted to go and was prepared to pay what they asked.

Michelle
24-06-2003, 19:57
Agree with you on hundred percent Steph. No way would I drop my rates by over £200 per week just to have some one stay in our 3 bed room villa...