PDA

View Full Version : Mall of the Mallenia

DMC
18-06-2003, 20:47
There are few referances to the above shopping Mall, but no specific topic, so here goes.

Like many regular visitors to Orlando, we heard about this great new shopping Mall that was opening, just north of I'Drive.

So on our last trip to Florida we made a special trip up I'Drive to see for oursleves what all the hype was about.

We arrived with a great deal of expectancy at the thought of Macey's / Bloomingdales / Gucci / Burberry etc.

Well I have to say the Mall is fantastic, polished marble floors, sofas in the malls everything you could wish for.

But it stops there!!!

We first had our doubts when it became obvious that there were more shopassists than customers, the reason for this would seem to be the fact that every shop seems to be charging a premium price on the goods that they are selling.

A very quick calculation, on our money convertor, showed that even with a good exchange rate, the prices for everything we wanted were higher than Bond Street / Regent Street.

From discussing this fact with our friends in Florida it appears very few locals shop there as iyt is too expensive and from we saw neither do the tourists !!!!!

Great surroundings, shame about the prices.

DMC

The only good thing is the Cheese Cake Factory.

Easty
14-08-2003, 17:46
Spent a morning there the other day on our flight home day. Agree with most of DMC's comments about numbe rof people etc but depends on whether you want to look at Gucci, Louis Vitton, Cartier, Tiffany etc under one roof.
Although expensive the prices are not more expensive than London. The watch I bought my wife last year worked out nearly 25% cheaper in Gucci than from a regular jewellers outside London! Wish I hadn't looked!
Also the Mall is worth a visit for the architecture! It is all very impressive stuff!
Great food court - try the Japanese its lovely!

Paul

imported_n/a
25-09-2003, 18:06
We go there all the time! At Macys you can buy all the American designer names for much less than you can in the UK. So if you stick with Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren and DKNY, you will pick up a bargain. I bought a DKNY bag for $85 dollars which was £85 in Russell & Bromley. You can occasionally get similar deals in Burberry but you have to know your UK prices before you leave!!

Similary Paul Frank @ Bloomingdales is cheaper than the UK.

I have to agree about The Cheesecake Factory, HOOOOOOGE portions too!!

Bibs

http://www.villasflorida.com/villaview.asp?villa=756