PDA

View Full Version : EMERALD ISLANDS

sunshine state
18-06-2003, 19:41
i will be coming to orlando on the 31st july till august 14th and i will be staying at emerald island villas located just off the highway 192 and very new.
i would just like to know if anyone has stayed here yet and could give me some information on what they are like.

sunshine state..

villaowner
18-06-2003, 19:54
Emerald Island is a 'resort' estate, with both executive villas (private pools) and townhouses (communal pool). Very good standard and certainly one of the top estates in the area. There IS a litle building work still being carried out so check prior to departure that you are going to be unaffected (with most of the homes you will be completely oblivious). It has a gated security entrance and is only about 5 mins from Disneys Maingate. Located behind Splendid China there is a great Outback restaurant about 2 mins drive away. It's a good choice.
Hope this helps.

fiona
19-06-2003, 04:11
We're at Rolling Hills (just round the corner and up a bit from EI). At the Formosa Gardens Shopping Plaza there is in addition to Outback, a TGIF, Carrabbas, Giordano's, takeaway Chinese and Japanese, Dairy Maid, Subway and just opposit (still this side of 192) a Red Lobster. There is a hairdressers / nail bar, walk-in medical center, chemist and a Winn Dixie Market Place which is pricey but has good selection at their deli section.

There is a Publix 5 mins up the 192 turning left at the dragons (when you get there you'll know what I mean!) which is open until 11.00pm. There is a new Walgreens which is open 24hrs, so good for popping in the first night you arrive to get milk etc. if you are late arriving. Within a couple of minutes is also Macs, Dunkin Donut, Perkins, etc.etc.!!

sunshine state
19-06-2003, 15:22
thanks for all the help and information that you have given to me.