PDA

View Full Version : Stopping over in Newark

wrightbuxton
05-01-2006, 23:44
Hi

We have some guests who are doing an in direct flight from Manchester to Newark and then onto Orlando. We have only ever flown directly to Florida. Does anyone know what Newark airport is like (I know they will be able to clear customs there), they have a four hour wait before they board the plane onwards to Orlando. Is there the usual airport shops, bars, cafes etc that can help pass the time?

Thanks
Julie

Macka
05-01-2006, 23:54
Newark is ok Julie, stopped there for about 4 hours year before last. Yes it's a regular airport with all the facilities and the bonus is that you can see the Manhatten skyline from there, and the Statue of liberty if you have good eyes.....

It's not actually New York, the Newark...eese folk don't like you to call it New york. Its Newark..[B)]

wrightbuxton
06-01-2006, 00:00
Thanks for this Macka...I'll advise them to have their camera at the ready!![msnwink]

CERICROWLEY
06-01-2006, 02:52
Are they flying with continental. As they have there own terminal in Newark. Which is great, loads of shops and a huge eatery to choose from. Italian, chinese, burgers etc.

Immigration is ok at Newark, sometimes its quicker than Orlando. make sure they know that they have to pick up their luggage to go through customs and then deposit it again at the transfer section, go through security again.

One more tip. is on the way back from the holiday, that when you check in at MCO to depart to Newark, you luggage will automatically be transfered onto the next flight you do not have pick it up like you did coming in. Also you do not have to go through security again, if you are landing at terminal C and taking off from terminal C (if continental), you just sit and wait at the next gate.

wrightbuxton
06-01-2006, 18:54
Thanks for this Ceri. I have spoken to them and yes they are with Continental. Sounds like there is lots for them to look around whilst they stretch their legs to wait for the onward flight to Orlando.[msnsmile]