PDA

View Full Version : Waiting Times

falcon
04-01-2006, 23:40
hiya Happy New Year :)
i had my interview in november what is the waiting time to hear when they have to make other inquires?
I have had my passport given back to me i was told they had to contact home land security london had no problem with my request , but said it needed clearing by home land .
Anybody help please.
Mike

blott
05-01-2006, 00:38
They normally give you a 'guesstimate' at the embassy? I think three months isn't unheard of, depending on their workload and also as your application has to be sent to the US and back again.

You can always phone them and ask I suppose?

falcon
05-01-2006, 04:21
cheers Blott yes i think he said 6 weeks to me but he said it so fast and well with the pressure of being there you just want to get it over .
And i don,t want to phone to early and be a pain,didnt realise it went to the states for checking but then never thought about it.
By the way for those reading my current problem i was given a caution to which london had no problem the one that was a problem was from 1972 so all be warned it lurks to catch you out .... :(

SDJ
21-01-2006, 07:46
Hi

What sort of visa are you waiting for?

If it is the B1 B2 6 month non working, we had our interview in Nov. and had our passports complete with visa delivered to the door in 36 hours. London to Devon. Pity the ordinary mail can't do that!

JR1
25-01-2006, 00:03
Hi

If you have not heard yet - CHASE NOW!

The embassy are notorious for not informing people even if they have received a response on your application. As a general guide, it is probably worth chasing the embassy after 8 weeks of waiting.