PDA

View Full Version : weather now

bethany
03-01-2006, 19:13
Hi Guys - what's the weather like in Orlando at the moment. Hubby and I are coming over on the 12th to 24th staying at different locations and I don;t know what to pack. Everything is ironed and waiting to be packed. Any cold spells on the horizon????

esprit
03-01-2006, 19:20
Changeable. In the 80s yesterday with a low in the 60s, predicted by Saturday to be a high of 67 with a low of 36! Bring stuff you can wear in layers, shorts but jeans as well and tracksuit or sweatshirt tops you can wear over a tee shirt and strip off and tie round your waist if needbe. Even when it is nice, it is not strappy dress weather. The weather forecast only runs 10 days in advance, but you may be able to get a better idea nearer the time.

Cruella DeVilla
03-01-2006, 19:56
Beautiful and generally very warm, some rain showers but mainly in the night, not seen daytime rain for over 3 weeks, it started off a bit cloudy today but the sun is shining brightly and it is very warm, I will just check the temp in the shade, back in a tick.................80 degrees (at 1030am) on our pooldeck and I have to spend the day taking down Xmas decorations!! I have been wearing a mixture of lightweight jeans in the evenings on the colder nights and strappy party frocks on the warmer nights when we have eaten out, daytime has been strappy tops and summer skirts but I always carry a leighweight jacket or cardi just in case. The weather is suosed to drop a bit by the weekend so a good mixture of cothes is ideal and if you have to buy some stiff.....bonus!

Sharon G
04-01-2006, 01:10
Nothing like rubbing it in!!, is there CDV????[msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
04-01-2006, 02:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sharon G
Nothing like rubbing it in!!, is there CDV????[msnwink]
[/quote]

Sharon, I am coming home tomorrow, I hope it rains as it makes it easier:( Still, only 16 weeks and we are back out.......feels like forever at the mo and after 22 days I don't want to come home, roll on retirement!

abbeyvillas
04-01-2006, 03:21
Hi Bethany,

We just arrived home today and left beautiful sunshine behind. Daytime temperatures in the last week have been high 70's with some cloudy spells. We have been wearing shorts & t-shirts by day and usually jeans & long sleeves in the evenings. A couple of sweatshirts would probably be useful although we didn't need them for the last few evenings it's still a bit changeable.

Have a great time.

bethany
04-01-2006, 13:29
Thanks guys - I see that weather has to dip at the weekend so I will keep my eye on it and hope that it rises again before the 12th.

pieman790
04-01-2006, 13:53
Have to agree with the word Changeable. We have only just returned from Florida after spending christmas there and whilst it was dry it was cool at around 65-68f daytime and mid 40s during the night. We did however have a few days when it hit mid to high 70s. We managed to swim in the pool everyday.
The thing about Florida is that there is so much to do even when its cool. We did the parks, shopped, walked and relaxed.

Nielsen
04-01-2006, 22:03
Here is a 10 day forecast if you wanna take a look.

Very nice I think [website link edited]

orlandobabe
05-01-2006, 00:56
I'm coming out on the 21st with my daughter who has never been this early-so am praying for lots of glorious (hot) sunshine!

blott
05-01-2006, 03:19
Currently 66F at 6.37 pm and has been in the high 70s/80+F in the last couple of days. [8D]

luckylady
05-01-2006, 07:23
We are in Florida now, the weather here is great,very warm sunny,in fact last night was very watm
nothing like it.

[msnsmile2]

Longland
05-01-2006, 17:24
Just flew into Manchester this morning, 6 hours later and I'm still shivering[msncry][msncry][msncry][msncry]

Maz
06-01-2006, 02:09
Hi we got back yesterday - weather could be cool but once the sun came out properly the afternoons were always hot. Spent new years day by the pool every day. But as people have said you will need layers. Have fun.

Debbie

bethany
08-01-2006, 16:47
Hi guys. This is Bethany here who started this thread. |Thanks for the replies. I've been in bed with the vomiting and diarrhea bug and just surfacing today. Due to fly out on Thursday and I just hope I'll be strong enough. Also hoping Hubby doesn't catch it. Maybe a nice bit of sun will help. Flying from Glasgow to Gatwick - then with Virgin. Wish me luck and keep posting for me.

Daglish
08-01-2006, 17:08
Hi Bethany

Sorry to hear you've been ill and hope your hubby doesn't now come down with it. I'm sure some Florida sunshine will set you up for the months ahead though!

Have a great time on your holiday and don't forget the trip report when you get back!

davy woods
08-01-2006, 17:11
Never been in January but from what I hear it's warm in the day but the temperature drops of a nighttime, have a fab time when you go.
Dave

steph_goodrum
08-01-2006, 17:46
Just to prepare you though Bethany it has been unseasonably cold for a couple of days from what we've heard so if you've been a bit under the weather it would probably pay you to make sure you take some warm clothes as well. Things like scarves and gloves especially if you're planning to stay out to see fireworks.