PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy Space Centre...how to get there!

Benny24
02-01-2006, 21:11
From checking out the various sites I have found I can get a Maximum Access ticket for Kennedy Space Centre for around £17-£21.

However how can I get there safetly! and not blow the cash budget?

These sites do offer "with transportation at extra cost" for around £39, but I have found you dip out on the maximum access, and only get standard admission?

We are staying in Universal Boulevard off I-drive, and will be in Florida 30/4/06 for 14 days.

Can anyone help me please....getting square eyes' from searching![xx(]

Benny

florida4sun
02-01-2006, 21:45
Hi benny
we are doing the day trip, I am just checking what tickets ae included and/or if you can upgrade to maximum access. I will DM you an answer asap. In the mean time here are driving directions.

From Orlando on State Road 528
Travel east on SR 528 until you reach the SR 407 exit going to Kennedy Space Center and Titusville. Take SR 407 until it dead ends into SR 405. Turn right (east) onto SR 405 and follow the signs for Kennedy Space Center. You will travel approximately 9 miles on SR 405. The KSC Visitor Complex will be on your right.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Benny24
From checking out the various sites I have found I can get a Maximum Access ticket for Kennedy Space Centre for around £17-£21.

However how can I get there safetly! and not blow the cash budget?

These sites do offer "with transportation at extra cost" for around £39, but I have found you dip out on the maximum access, and only get standard admission?

We are staying in Universal Boulevard off I-drive, and will be in Florida 30/4/06 for 14 days.

Can anyone help me please....getting square eyes' from searching![xx(]

Benny
[/quote]

Benny24
02-01-2006, 22:18
Martin

Thanks for reply. I can't find your tour for kennedy on the website. Can only find the kennedy centre and max access links?

Perhaps i'm being a muppet?[:o)]

Robert5988
02-01-2006, 22:58
Martin's route is the probably the easiest.

However to go, or come back, on a different route you can use the SR192 and I95 which crosses the SR528. The 192 is handy if you are staying in Kissimmee.

Benny24
02-01-2006, 23:42
Forgot to mention I'm not planning on hiring a car!
Benny

blott
03-01-2006, 00:56
Have a look here - I think this is what Martin means. http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_26968.asp

florida4sun
03-01-2006, 01:04
It does include the Maximum Access Pass and here is the link

http://www.park-tickets.com/other-parks/Kennedy_Space_Center_Including_Transport_and_Maxim um_Access_Ticket.aspx

benfilo
03-01-2006, 04:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Benny24
Forgot to mention I'm not planning on hiring a car!
Benny
[/quote]

hi Benny,
welcome to the forum. Are you dead set on not hiring a car?
we stayed in an hotel last year which had transport to the theme parks, but the bus wouldn't have got us there until after 10 and it left about 5.30 (might be worth ringing the hotel and asking their times). The extra time we got in the parks probably covered the cost of the car
You'd be supprised how little a car costs ( check the link at the top of the page) Also if you rent a car you could stay at Cocoa Beach the night before you visit the Space Center, you'll only save yourself an hours travel but you can have a few drinks on the pier and a walk on the beach.
Have a fantastic holiday , with or without the car.